Rut-ro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    I got a letter last week from a company wanting to put these on my place, God I hope none of my neighbors go for it!

I am curious about what they offer. They pay a royalty based on the electricity generated, similar to oil/gas royalties, don't they Brent?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Anyone know how people make money off those things? I just want to know how much they would lose without our tax money going towards them.
      Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      I am curious about what they offer. They pay a royalty based on the electricity generated, similar to oil/gas royalties, don't they Brent?
      When I hunted in mills co, the landowner said they were offering 1200/month per windmill

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
        When I hunted in mills co, the landowner said they were offering 1200/month per windmill
        They want any in Washington county? I’ll sign the papers right now.

Comment

I hope they knock on my door

Comment

We were thinking about it at our place in Mills. They sign a lease for **** near unfettered access to your land and pay you royalties based on how many kWh they generate. They create new roads ANYWHERE they want, go in/out, create storage yards, blah blah. They also wanted to restrict hunting on our place for at least a season and would pay $1500 for lost revenue. As I recall, the lease was for 20/30 years with renewal rights for an additional 10/20. Once you sign those things, you’re theirs for half a century.
            We chose not to...more so because of the eyesore but I admit the revenue could have been nice. Several neighbors around us signed up and now the places all around us are having their land torn up for the transmission lines to store and transport the energy generated.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

I believe that’s correct but I haven’t even called them back.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I hope they knock on my door
                You would be basically giving up and ruining your property. So it would depend on how many they would put up I guess.

It would be hard to pass up 12-15k per month... I could use that to find another property!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  You would be basically giving up and ruining your property. So it would depend on how many they would put up I guess.

It would be hard to pass up 12-15k per month... I could use that to find another property!
                  I understand. That is a lot of money. I happen to like my property as is. With no gates, traffic, dust, loss of privacy or 24 hour “whirring noise”. If my neighbors did it, that’s their right. But I can’t afford a big enough place to escape the eyesores. So I would be disappointed since I am building a retirement home there. And they get tax abatements so the county loses too.

Comment

I agree they suck. I can't even stand the premise of them. But I understand why people get them. If I had an extra property I didn't use I'd surely do it.

Comment

Think the cost/maintenance is more than the output the produce. But its does give you a warm cozy green feeling so its all worth it no matter the cost

Comment

Working...
                      X