Temple Artifact Show This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Just curious on what these were used for, original mechanical broad head?
    Those pieces would most likely be classified as eccentric. Probably ceremonial artifacts not hunting pieces. I am still looking for a stone Reaper.

Comment

I apologize if I said some things out of context yesterday in regards to the other thread.. Looks like it may have been deleted. That is truly an amazing collection and Im certain that the collectors are a fine group of people. Good Job guys and thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Not sure if anyone made it around to one of my hunting buddies table (Ambush on TBH) but he found a killer bannerstone earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        That Bannerstone is the coolest thing ever!!

Comment

Whats everyones opinion on bannerstones, as in what purpose were they made?

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
            Whats everyones opinion on bannerstones, as in what purpose were they made?
            In my opinion they were much more status symbols than utilitarian. They are generally made of the rarest stone and it may have taken months to make one. No doubt they were symbols of power and wealth. Extremely rare artifacts. We have a pretty darn nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              In my opinion they were much more status symbols than utilitarian. They are generally made of the rarest stone and it may have taken months to make one. No doubt they were symbols of power and wealth. Extremely rare artifacts. We have a pretty darn nice one.
              Prove it.

Comment

Lol
                Attached Files

Comment

That don't prove nuthin'! That looks like soap on a rope with the rope missin'...

You find that in East Texas Steve?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    That don't prove nuthin'! That looks like soap on a rope with the rope missin'...

You find that in East Texas Steve?
                    Dad found it and the broke one under it here in Houston co in 1952.

Comment

That is amazing!!
                      I had a friend back when I was a kid and his family had land on South Cedar Creek out of "Fruit City"... The place was covered in petrified wood and I bet it was covered in artifacts too, but we didn't have a clue about stuff like that back then... Would love to go look around there!

Comment

Working...
                      X