Info on estimating B&C score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on estimating B&C score

I have been following along on the many threads of how to field judge score. I have been keeping records for some time on our STx intensively managed ranch. the way we do it is if you look at the buck and you see a 120-140, use 85 + up. If you see 140-160, use 95 + up, and 160 or larger use 100+ up. All the best.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0865.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	25102225

Can we see the 192?

Comment

[ATTACH]828413[/ATTACH]

Comment

I like it.

Comment

What happened to the really narrow, tall racked buck that had some extras? Did he make the cut this year?

Comment

On the lease I used to be on we used 90 plus the length of the up points to approximate the B&C score. I hunted Canada one year and they told us to use 100 plus the up points. That is obviously going to vary from region to region.

Comment

That seems like a solid way to get score IMO. I know we try to use 85 down and then add the up on our place out west. It will get you pretty dang close.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                What happened to the really narrow, tall racked buck that had some extras? Did he make the cut this year?
                He is still out there. He grew a bunch of trash and not as much height this year. I have not seen him in person yet but he prolly gets one last pass. If you go to Jsapp's video from last year he is the deer running at the camera after the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyM View Post
                  He is still out there. He grew a bunch of trash and not as much height this year. I have not seen him in person yet but he prolly gets one last pass. If you go to Jsapp's video from last year he is the deer running at the camera after the shot.
                  That video reminded me of the buck. Do you have any current pics of him?

Comment

Did you ever get the big typical 7x7 you posted a couple years ago?

That did was impressive.

Comment

Thanks for the chart info.

On my post oak region lease I use 80 unless is has monster mass or beam length.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                        Did you ever get the big typical 7x7 you posted a couple years ago?

That did was impressive.
                        He is the one in the pic above. Scored 192-7 as a 6x6 with 19" of abnormal.

I don't have a real good pic of Taco (tall narrow rack)this year. Have seen him a few times but he has not been hanging around the feeders. He has a lot of trash which I liked him better as a clean 10.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyM View Post
                          He is the one in the pic above. Scored 192-7 as a 6x6 with 19" of abnormal.

I don't have a real good pic of Taco (tall narrow rack)this year. Have seen him a few times but he has not been hanging around the feeders. He has a lot of trash which I liked him better as a clean 10.
                          Thanks. He was an impressive deer in all the pics you have posted of him. Hope he spread those genes for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X