Timney trigger help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timney trigger help

I have a RH Early 70s rem model 700 BDL 7mm Rem Mag. Will these triggers work?

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Timney Triggers 510 Remington Rifle Trigger - Black at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Get a Jewell trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
      Get a Jewell trigger.
      Got a used one for sale? Everyone here seems to like the Timneys. Whats so much better about the Jewells?

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
          yes
          Thanks!

Comment

I put a Rifle Basix in my son's Model Seven. Cheaper and works just fine.

Comment

Got timneys on both my 700's. Great triggers, can't comment on the other brands. Easy to install. Looks like these work with 700's.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                Got timneys on both my 700's. Great triggers, can't comment on the other brands. Easy to install. Looks like these work with 700's.
                Thanks for the info. I am going to put them on both i think. Whats your poundage preference?

Comment

Have a rifle basix in my rem 700 7 mag. Works great.

Comment

Poundage. My oldest on my 7 rem mag is set at 2lbs 3oz. It is too light for field use. I shoot it, but won't let anyone else. It takes some use to get familiar with it. You are settling in with sight picture and wham, it goes off. I have read where lots of folks swear by light triggers for field use, but my opinion is my 7mag is too light.

My .243 is more in the range of upper 3lbs to 4 lbs. I have not measured it. This gun is to be used by first time users, women and kids, as I put a youth stock on it several years ago.

For an experienced shooter, I would recommend about 3 to 3.25 lbs for a good all around trigger.

Whichever one you get, do some dry firing to be familiar with it before shooting. You will love the difference from factory. I am not sure what my 7mag was before, my trigger gauge only went to 8 lbs.

Comment

Timney trigger help

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                      Got a used one for sale? Everyone here seems to like the Timneys. Whats so much better about the Jewells?

On a hunting rifle I'll take a Timney all day long over a Jewell. If I was a bench rest shooter no. But I'm not. My daughter had a Timney on her rifle tuned to 2.25 pounds. Crisp with no travel and breaks beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        On a hunting rifle I'll take a Timney all day long over a Jewell. If I was a bench rest shooter no. But I'm not. My daughter had a Timney on her rifle tuned to 2.25 pounds. Crisp with no travel and breaks beautifully.
                        Gonna get me a couple soon. Have a late 60s and early 70s model 700s. Before all the recall bs but still as cheap as the triggers are and as much good i have heard about them why not right?

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                          Poundage. My oldest on my 7 rem mag is set at 2lbs 3oz. It is too light for field use. I shoot it, but won't let anyone else. It takes some use to get familiar with it. You are settling in with sight picture and wham, it goes off. I have read where lots of folks swear by light triggers for field use, but my opinion is my 7mag is too light.

My .243 is more in the range of upper 3lbs to 4 lbs. I have not measured it. This gun is to be used by first time users, women and kids, as I put a youth stock on it several years ago.

For an experienced shooter, I would recommend about 3 to 3.25 lbs for a good all around trigger.

Whichever one you get, do some dry firing to be familiar with it before shooting. You will love the difference from factory. I am not sure what my 7mag was before, my trigger gauge only went to 8 lbs.
                          Thanks. I will start around 3.5 and maybe go down from there. I will be the only one using them more than likely anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                            Thanks. I will start around 3.5 and maybe go down from there. I will be the only one using them more than likely anyway.

Oh you'll go down atleast a pound. At 3.5 the end of your finger will start to spread out before the trigger breaks. My 11 year old is the one shooting 2.25. It helped her accuracy a lot.

Comment

I have a timney on my custom 7mm STW set @ 1.5 lbs yes it's very light and not for everyone but it is what I'm used too, Timney makes a very nice trigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X