No announcement yet.

Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to the Short Round in Texas as a freshman is an accomplishment. Texas leaves more talent behind than what most states send to nationals. She will get there. Tell her congratulations

Comment

Tell her to enjoy it and work hard!!! She will get there. I made it my senior year and split the Res National Championship with Cleve Schimdt. We won the Team Championship that yr for the 3rd straight yr which hadn't been done since the 50's. I was either the highest or 2nd highest point winner for the Texas team. We brought that Trophy home to Texas for good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	24542942
      Last edited by BrandonA; 06-17-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Getting to the Short Round in Texas as a freshman is an accomplishment. Texas leaves more talent behind than what most states send to nationals. She will get there. Tell her congratulations
        Thanks. And true that on talent.

Neat story:

The girl that won barrels was riding a horse out of a stud (Bullet) my dad owns.
        The horse my daughter rode is out of same stud, so half brothers.
        My sister won state years ago on that studs momma.

Comment

Tell her to enjoy it and work hard!!! She will get there. I made it my senior year and split the Res National Championship with Cleve Schimdt. We won the Team Championship that yr for the 3rd straight yr which hadn't been done since the 50's. I was either the highest or 2nd highest point winner for the Texas team. We brought that Trophy home to Texas for good.

[ATTACH]911981[/ATTACH]
          Good deal.
          My sister graduated in 92 I think and went to nationals her junior and senior year.
          Probably there the same years.

Comment

I only high schooled rodeoed my JR and Sr yr and only made it my senior yr. made the short round in Bulls and bares my first yr and finished 5 th , Sr yr made it in bares. Got knocked out Friday night before the short round . Had to DR out of bull riding that night. Woke up in the hospital around midnight. Got to the hotel room around day break. They wouldn't let me sleep. Had to meet all the state directors and do the drunk money test , which I somehow passed. They cleared me and won 2nd in short round and finished as Res Champ. Don't remember the ride or awards ceremony or the following week. Lol

Comment

Well we are headed to Evant this weekend. The whole family is going. Baseball is over so my son is hot to trot. May even let my son rope this weekend

Comment

This weekend will be going to the Georgetown CPRA Thursday night , Goldthwaite AJ Friday night, Eden AJ Sat, and barrel race in Hamilton Sunday!!! Busy weekend for sure.

Comment

This weekend will be going to the Georgetown CPRA Thursday night , Goldthwaite AJ Friday night, Eden AJ Sat, and barrel race in Hamilton Sunday!!! Busy weekend for sure.
                  Sounds like a busy weekend for sure. What kinda race on Sunday in Hamilton?

Comment

Not sure what kinda race it is. I know they have youth race. Not sure if it is 3-D or 4-D. I don't understand how all these barrel races operate that's left to the ex. I understand rodeo barrel races....fastest time wins lol

Comment

Not sure what kinda race it is. I know they have youth race. Not sure if it is 3-D or 4-D. I don't understand how all these barrel races operate that's left to the ex. I understand rodeo barrel races....fastest time wins lol
                      I looked it up. They have a youth 4d. Then a regular 4 d and then an open 5d on Sunday. They are put on by Revolution Barrell Racing. May have to come over for it Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        I looked it up. They have a youth 4d. Then a regular 4 d and then an open 5d on Sunday. They are put on by Revolution Barrell Racing. May have to come over for it Sunday
                        If y'all are in Evant then y'all are right there. Come on and I'll buy you a beer. I'm sure Riley will enter the open and roll her time to the youth or she may run Jesse in the youth. Hamilton is a very nice pen

Comment

If y'all are in Evant then y'all are right there. Come on and I'll buy you a beer. I'm sure Riley will enter the open and roll her time to the youth or she may run Jesse in the youth. Hamilton is a very nice pen
                          We have been there many times and yes it is nice. We will have to talk about it and see. Don’t know if my daughter is ready for something like this or not. I looked at some of the previous results and they all have really good times. Should be a great barrel race though.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                            We have been there many times and yes it is nice. We will have to talk about it and see. Don’t know if my daughter is ready for something like this or not. I looked at some of the previous results and they all have really good times. Should be a great barrel race though.
                            I've never been to one or at least I don't think. What's your daughter typically run in Hamilton?

Comment

I've never been to one or at least I don't think. What's your daughter typically run in Hamilton?
                              I would have to look and see. But on the youth side in Stephenville the winner of the 1D in youth ran a 15.308, 2D was a 15.891, 3D was 16.316 and 4D was 17.333.

Comment

In Hamilton if they use the standard pattern any thing in the 16.7-17 range usually wins the Jr Highs and High schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X