Keechi Creek WMA??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keechi Creek WMA??

My son drew a hunt there in 2 more weeks. Anybody ever hunted there?

My family land butts up to the south fence.... There are some big deer in that bottom, the numbers arent just crazy though.... There are some bucks in those bottoms in the 40's!!! They don't hunt that for deer a lot... What dates is your boy gonna be up there, I am planning on being up there the week before Christmas... Maybe we could meet up...

Comment

Dec 12 and 13 are the dates. Looking for info on the compartments there. A day and half doesn't give ya much time to scout and set up.

Comment

I would tell him to get as close to the creek as possible and look for a funnel or pinch point along the creek!!!! I wont be up there at that time but tell him best of luck!!!

Comment

Thanks. I have heard they have some pretty good bucks there since it doesn't get hunted very much. Was hoping to get his first buck there, but I put him on one last weekend and got himself a 4 point!!

Comment

Good deal, tell him congrats on his buck.... There are some good deer there for sure but they can be hard to hunt, definitely challenging with the bow... Tell him I wish hime the best of luck and I will be looking for the LDP's!!! I will talk to my nephew and see if he will be up there (I am sure he will, he lives right there by the place) and if you want I can get you his number in case your boy needs any help with anything!!!!

Comment

No bow hunt. Just rifle. It's a either sex hunt. Just hoping for any deer. Need one now for hamburger meat since the one he got this past weekend will go into sausage with the 2 hogs I killed. It's not looking good for me again this year,lol!! Flooded out in bow season, skunked in Ks, and runnin out of time now!!!

Comment

Anyone hunting here this year?

Comment

Working...
                X