Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practice Arrow and hunting arrow weight question??...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I practice with the same exact arrows I hunt with. Each arrow is built to a specific broadhead. I also weigh all my field points finding the one that weigh the exact same as my bh

Comment

As many have said, you need to practice exactly how you plan to hunt. This means use the same arrows and broadheads during practice and if your going to be 15ft up and shoot a deer at 35 yards you need to practice 15ft up at 35 yards. Also if you practice in a t-shirt and then go out on a cold morning and have to put on several layers that could also effect your shot so you should practice with all that extra clothing also. I hunt year round so I rarely even shoot field tips any more. I load up a full quiver and shoot each arrow to make sure everything is good and them I sharpen each broadhead before I go out as I now only use Magnus stingers. This way I know each arrow in my quiver is flying good and if I miss I know it's my fault but then again any bad shot is the shooters fault. Even when I used expandable broadheads I would shoot them to make sure they are flying good and then I would sharpen them if I could or replace the blades but I didn't like replacing the blades because it is possible that the broadhead wont fly the same with a different set of blades. Also one thing no one has mentioned, it could be just a case of buck fever, yes I know they were doe's.

Comment

Working...
      X