Scope Lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope Lens?

I been thinking about getting a scope lens for my Spot Hogg 3-pin to help out my old eyes shooting 3D. I am in the Sr. Hunter class and noticed today that a lens is okay.

What say the GS? I was thinking a 2x to keep it simple and hopefully not need a new peep.

Thoughts???

Smallest glass I would go is 3x. 2x does not really give you much clarity on the target, and does not magnify enough to see rings at intermediate distances IMO. 3x and higher you can see all the scoring rings to about 32-33 yards, and the ten ring to max yardage.

Also don't go too big because you can easily lose your location on darker targets.

Comment

I have a 4x that fits the 7 pin sight that I am trying to get rid of. I tried it - not for me. I shoot better without a lens.

Comment

I use a #2 clarifier and a 6x lense. You need to try alot of different combos. Find what works best for you. Everyone is different.

Comment

im thinking about getting one for my spot hogg sight. I wonder if it will help?

Comment

I shoot 4x and it seems to be the best for me.

Comment

Just put a 4X on my HHA and a #1 Clarifier. Best decision I could have made. Has made me a much better shooter, immediately. Wish I would have done it years ago

Comment

The one caution is that any magnification will also make natural pin drift more noticeable. If this is something you can mentally cope with it could be a big help. However if you struggle with TP at all, it could cause more trouble than help.

Comment

Will these suggestions work on a hunting rig also?

Comment

I hunt with mine unless Im after a P&Y buck.

Comment

Be cafeful about too much power. You will also magnify your shaking and pin movement.
                      If you are not shooting past forty yards, a 2X or 3X will probably suffice. At the closer yardages you will lose too much field of vision and may have trouble finding the target with too much magnification. It also is a problem on dark ranges and in any low light.

Comment

Working...
                      X