No announcement yet.

TPWD Draw Hunt Anticipation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got drawn for Richland Creek last year , but could not get off work to go.

Comment

Originally posted by porkchop View Post
      I love Richland Creek also 3pairs12 but, they have already cleared the north unit to become all wetlands except for high ground along river and ridges. I believe the N unit will be closed this year, we will see. I loved hog hunting the N unit, alot of hogs.
      Am I to understand they cleared all the woods on the north unit from the oil tank/entrance east to the Trinity and north beyond Pea Patch lake? That would be upsetting because that was a HUGE area of thick woods that held large numbers of deer and some big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
        Am I to understand they cleared all the woods on the north unit from the oil tank/entrance east to the Trinity and north beyond Pea Patch lake? That would be upsetting because that was a HUGE area of thick woods that held large numbers of deer and some big bucks.
        Yeah that would be a bummer, but I knew it was coming after talking to a couple of guys. That is the side we have since our first time there and was our requested side.

Comment

Have 9 pref points in Gun Deer Either Sex and have been trying to draw Matador or Gene Howe. Maybe this year. Oh, and 15 pref points in Gun Mule Deer. Pick my name already!

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
            Have 9 pref points in Gun Deer Either Sex and have been trying to draw Matador or Gene Howe. Maybe this year. Oh, and 15 pref points in Gun Mule Deer. Pick my name already!
            Haven't they only been offering Gun Mule Deer hunts for about 4 years now? Before that, they only offered mule deer hunts on the Gun Deer Either Sex drawings.
            Last edited by Palehorse; 06-22-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
              My understanding was they left the woods alone but all the fields in the middle and the area with all the high grass all along 287 will end up wetlands. North, east and west have standing timber that was not touched. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by porkchop View Post
                My understanding was they left the woods alone but all the fields in the middle and the area with all the high grass all along 287 will end up wetlands. North, east and west have standing timber that was not touched. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                If they want to turn the sedge grass and cuckleburr fields into a duck marsh fine,that's wasteland anyway. But please,leave the big woods alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                  Haven't they only been offering Gun Mule Deer hunts for about 4 years now? Before that, they only offered mule deer hunts on the Gun Deer Either Sex drawings.
                  That's correct, Gun Mule Deer hunts are in their 5 year now and since those who had applied to get drawn for a Mule Deer hunt in GDE when it was available, those preference points for Mule Deer did not transfer since it was a separate Hunt Category.

Your preference points in MDG (Mule Deer Gun) are the only preference points that are considered for that category.

Comment

The online version will probably be ready soon after July 1, if prior years are any indication. I have been drawn for six hunts in seven years, including two last year. Even though I don't always shoot something on these hunts, I really enjoy going to the different places around the state. Two of my favorite draw hunts were the Devil's Sinkhole archery hunt a couple of years ago, and the Javi hunt down at the Chap earlier this year. TPWD puts on a quality experience as opposed to what I have done in another state.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                      The online version will probably be ready soon after July 1, if prior years are any indication. I have been drawn for six hunts in seven years, including two last year. Even though I don't always shoot something on these hunts, I really enjoy going to the different places around the state. Two of my favorite draw hunts were the Devil's Sinkhole archery hunt a couple of years ago, and the Javi hunt down at the Chap earlier this year. TPWD puts on a quality experience as opposed to what I have done in another state.
                      I'm with you! I love getting out to other areas of the state. My favorite that I have been on would have to be either Matador or Black Gap.

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
                        I'm with you! I love getting out to other areas of the state. My favorite that I have been on would have to be either Matador or Black Gap.
                        Matador Turkey Hunt was good last year except for the high wind. I really like that area and will continue to try to get drawn for mule deer there. I didn't see any turkeys on that hunt but saw some Mulies.

Comment

Out of curiousity I looked at the TPWD site and the "Big Time" Texas hunt site is saying that those drawings are open for this year.

Win ten premium hunt packages on some of the finest private ranches and prime wildlife management areas in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                            Out of curiousity I looked at the TPWD site and the "Big Time" Texas hunt site is saying that those drawings are open for this year.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/public/btth/
                            I have looked at those hunts numerous times in the past few years, but have never applied. I maybe should give it a shot. Ya never know.

Comment

i have been drawn 1 time in 7 years but it was an AWSOME hunt for javalina in the davis mountains. i was the only one to show up and had the whole monutain to myself. took a big javi with my recurve. i have 7 points built up fo gators.........

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                                i have been drawn 1 time in 7 years but it was an AWSOME hunt for javalina in the davis mountains. i was the only one to show up and had the whole monutain to myself. took a big javi with my recurve. i have 7 points built up fo gators.........
                                Awesome! I've been putting in for the Davis Mtn. javi hunt for awhile now. Looks like it would be a blast!

Comment

Working...
                                X