Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running deer off your set.....how do you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running deer off your set.....how do you....

.......get your deer to leave when you want to get down or out without drawing attention to yourself in a tree or box? This is more particularly for dark as I will generally wait them out during a morning hunt.

I've tried a fawn bleat with the mouth with some success and for a really stubborn 4 year old 8 point this past weekend, I had to finally blow like a PITA doe.......but since I don't like creating fear around my set, I thought I'd look for other techniques.

So how do you do it?

I have to admit that I have barked like a big dog before to get them to leave. I'm just glad no other hunters were around to hear me. In my opinion almost anything you can do is better than letting them see you climb down/out and educating them to look at your stand/hide every time they come there. The ultimate of course is to get someone to drive in and pick you up.

Comment

I blow like a doe.

Comment

if i can i will text the others and have them come get me or come in my direction and spook them off. if they arent around i usually have a rock handy that i keep in-reserve for the cows at our lease and my sling shot. will shoot the feeder or in the area of the deer. usually does the trick.

Comment

I make a sound like a wounded rabbit

Comment

If there are others hunting the property with me, I like for them to come around and pick me up. Being disturbed by a vehicle is better than getting down and having them see you. When I'm hunting by myself I usually wait them out.

Comment

I was wondering how to accomplish this yesterday evening till the cows came along and did it for me.

Comment

Check out some of Tuthdoc's old threads. He used several different methods w/ success.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                  Check out some of Tuthdoc's old threads. He used several different methods w/ success.

He used a can bleat...

Comment

Here lately I haven't had this problem...

Comment

They will run and hide but still watch from a distance

Comment

I make a sound like ya blow kisses to your significate other or calling your pup . They stand alert for a moment or two, then mosey off.

Comment

Remote control feeder.

They will scatter ---- you just gotta be quick.

Comment

as mentioned, if you can get someone to drive a truck or atv up to you, they will leave and are not permanently scared off by it as it is pretty common noises. if not, rocks

i also have been known to do a horrible boar pig squeal. i think even the deer laugh at me, but they tend to leave as well

Comment

Use my 20yd pin when they are 35yds
                              That appears to cause them to bail fast

Comment

Working...
                              X