Devils river state natural area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devils river state natural area

Got drawn for the exotic only gun hunt!! I was wanting to know if anyone has any recommendations on where to hunt, what type of game, camping,etc. Just have alot of questions as to what i am getting myself into.

Thanks, Daved270

I bowhunted there back in 2001. I believe that was the last archery whitetail hunt they had there. I shot a monster 30 inch aoudad out of the canyon just north of the campground. The rangers were very helpful in locating animals and tips on getting close. These guys live there year round and know their stuff. They have a nice group camp house and plenty room to camp. Also have shower and restroom facilities. Rain can be an issue. I missed the first day of hunting because high water kept us from reaching the area. The hills are steep but if you keep the wind at your nose there are plenty of aoudad to sneek up on.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank's Seilers, from what i can tell it will be alot of walking and climbing steep hills. Hope I can draw a good compartment too.

Comment

Called today to book the bunkhouse,but the bunkhouse was already full. so I guess it might be tent shopping time.

Comment

Working...
        X