No announcement yet.

Worst eating wild game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox. Hardheaded catfish. Sheep. Diving ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      I don't know if we are talking about the same tree, gin is made of the little blue berries on a juniper tree. But I know a lot call them cedars.
      Gin is terrible!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        Dove has a very iron-like flavor that I don’t care for at all.
        I am with ya on that, ducks and geese same way for me. But I will eat dove with bacon, jalapeño, cream cheese. ( as do most) . But a better way that I like them ( iam going to eat them, I shot them) is using the killer fajita recipe from here, let them marinate a day or two, actually pretty dang good. Better with better meat of course, but it works for doves, if ya gota eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Gin is terrible!!!
          Yes, yes it is !

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            I think maybe this here is the problem. One bad experience and out.
            Allot of people’s experience is with cooking exotic or untraditional game is that you cook it like beef or so called traditional American fair. Like with Aoudad. It’s traditional North African table fare. Black buck is the same. Look into how those folks have been doing it for quite a while. They figured it out. It’s awesome. The inter webs is your friend.

-------------------------------
            Violence never settles anything
            -Genghis Kahn

Given the subject of this comment I doubt that, she is very opinionated but always does her due diligence to establish her opinion.

I will not argue with her, just trying to understand such difference in opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              I respect that everyone has a different taste, but have you tried it more than once?

Sorry, but dove is my whole family’s favorite meal so I’m curious
              Yes, we shoot a pile of them every September and we do eat them.
              I've tried deep frying them and grilling them.
              I've decided that dove is great to eat...as long as you add enough bacon and spicy jalapeno so you can't really taste much of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                she is very opinionated but always does her due diligence to establish her opinion.
                Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult

Comment

I've decided that dove is great to eat...as long as you add enough bacon and spicy jalapeno so you can't really taste much of it.
                  IMO putting a few slices of onions in the wrap helps a bunch

Comment

Try dove 'n dumplings some time. It's a change of pace from the typical bacon wrapped variety

Comment

Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult

Compliment for sure. You are usually pretty educated on how you form your opinions.

Comment

Turkey is usually pretty tough or too dry. But like anything if it's cooked right it's good. Just not something I want to eat all the time. Rattlesnake is good if it's smoked so it's easier to get around the bones. I don't care much for it fried. A lot of people hate dove but it's one of my favorites.

I've never tried duck but I've heard it's gross by pretty much everyone except my grandpa. He grew up eating ducks though and they always plucked and baked them. I don't know anyone that eats them or really hunts ducks either so I'll probably never have an opinion on it. I'd try it despite what I've heard because maybe most people don't know how to cook it.

Comment

Pretty much everything can be good if prepared right, except for . . . fox. There is no way to cook a fox and make it worth eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
                            Grilled Bobcat backstraps! Yes, several of us tried it. Lots of alcohol involved, but I was still sober enough to take 2 bites and spit it in the fire. Super gamey, just tasted like you skinned it and took a bite without cooking.

“Tastes like terd-flavored bubble gum...”

We tried hard to eat it, but it just flat-out sucked.

I blame LeeB for shooting it, and Patek for talking us into eating it

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              Javalina, dove
                              Blasphemy!! (On the doves

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all talkin about the same kinda buffalo?
                                Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                                The only meat that you eat on a buffalo is the ribs. On a larger buffalo cut out the ribs. Cut the ribs into sections containing two ribs (buffalo ribs are fairly large), bread and fry. They are amazing.
                                Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X