Big buck poached, Freestone county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
    Which will get you in more trouble, poaching a deer or shooting someones livestock? To me that deer was livestock. Maybe the poaching charge is worse. They need to charge the person with whatever will do the most damage.
    Not sure people are very protective of both, definitely gonna get you in bigger trouble than shooting a feral hog without permission.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
      Do they give a $1000 reward for a low fence 130" deer on someone's property?
      I like how you think.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        Do they give a $1000 reward for a low fence 130" deer on someone's property?
        Good question.

Comment

Perhaps the reward is being offered by the landowner and not the state.

Comment

Personally, I would offer 10x that amount if someone poached a deer off my ranch. I tend to get a bit wound up on those type things and go well beyond the reasonable or practical levels of response.

Comment

Every poster on their Facebook page says "up to $1000 reward..." so yeah, it appears to be the same for all deer, including doe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting. I guess it's no different than the "Crime Stoppers" program that pays for info leading to arrest and convictions.

Comment

Sorry azz loser poachers!! $1000 only. That's a giant!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                    Sorry azz loser poachers!! $1000 only. That's a giant!
                    As that deer belongs to the state I bet whom ever did kill it will have to pay $$$$$ in restitution to the state. The fellow who raised it will get nothing

Comment

That's 1K from the state. Once caught; I wonder what the land owner will go after in Civil Court?

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
                        That's 1K from the state. Once caught; I wonder what the land owner will go after in Civil Court?
                        Since all deer are owned by the state can he go after much if any at all?, I know the state can stick it too him on civil restitution and they will, see Mr. 278...

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Since all deer are owned by the state can he go after much if any at all?, I know the state can stick it too him on civil restitution and they will, see Mr. 278...

They are not all owned by the State. Some people pay lots of money to buy deer and keep behind high fenced and in breeding facilities. Those are not the states deer.

Comment

No good.
                            Does a high fence make it easier to poach big bucks too?

Comment

Hope they catch the guy. There are some tbh members they may want to talk to...

Comment

It's just a deer... not worth throwing away the friendship. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X