NOLA - Anyone ever drink one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOLA - Anyone ever drink one of these?

We might be headed to New Orleans in a couple of weeks for a birthday party/get together.
    What are ya'lls favorite drinking places and favorite restaurants?
    I prefer the hole in the wall local type seafood restaurants. So looking for suggestions.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Café Maspero
    (make sure you're hungry! )

Known for classic Louisiana eats, $1 daiquiris, and the original hot Muffaletta sandwich.

Comment

While you're cruisin bourbon street stop in crescent city pizza. I think I ate there several times a night when I was in NOLA last year. I remember the pizza tasting pretty dang good, but then again I was feeling pretty good!

Comment

I thought Laffitte's blacksmith bar was pretty cool.

Comment

Try cast nets for seafood. You will be impressed

Comment

Jacques Imo's

Comment

I lived there for a few years in the 90's early in my career (heck I even met and married a lil creole gal from there .) For food, here are a few suggestions: Mr. B's Bistro, Snug Harbor (great burgers and drinks), Mama's, Crescent City Pizza, Cooter Browns (Uptown) Praline Connection (soul food) and Café Dumond (Beignets, coffee). For night life, check out Tipitinas (Uptown), Razzoos , Country Bar with Bull on Bourbon St (can't think of the name) and of course...The Cats Meow for some karaoke. Be smart about walking around the French quarter at night and watch your back and you will be fine. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                Jacques Imo's
                BAM!

Comment

Thanks gents.
                  We will try to hit a couple of these spots.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                    Café Maspero
                    (make sure you're hungry! )

https://cafemaspero.com/menu
                    Me and the wife LOVE Masperos.....go to when we are in town.

Comment

One of my favorites is Irene's.....

Comment

Those beers get hot real fast even if you a fast drinker we try to do the 2 for 1 type specials and share. On your way home stop at Deanne’s in Bucktown(BBQ Shrimp) and basically anything on the menu

Comment

friendly FYI : you'll find a lot more info on the past NOLA threads, there have been a bunch. Tons of people that have lived there/visited a lot have provided some great suggestions!

Comment

My most favorite thing about going to NOLA was getting to leave! Biggest dump I've ever been to.

Comment

Yup. That's all I would drink. Gotta stay away from those granade and joker liquor drinks

Comment

Working...
                              X