No announcement yet.

What Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Ariat and tony lama (sp?) until I slipped on a pair of Anderson bean boots 300-350$ and holy crap that was a game changer. Haven’t touched my ariats since

Comment

1 pair is Luchese peanut brittle full quill ostrich
      2nd pair is Luchese cognac elephant

Round toe of course
      But the are considerably more than $200

Comment

Another vote for the HH. The carbon sole has been a great work boot so far.

Comment

Anderson Bean makes a very comfy boot

For what its worth Luchese is my most expensive and least comfortable pairs of boots

Comment

Lucchese

Comment

Shocked no one has thrown out Tecovas yet. They’re every bit the quality of Lucchese (which I think have fallen way off) and about half the price. You can get in a standard leather (non exotic) for low 200s. Have had a pair of caimans for well over a year and I wear them almost every day and they’ve held up great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My last pair of goin to town Ariats were great. Lasted 10+ years. My current pair are the most uncomfortable boots I’ve ever owned. I’ve forced myself to wear them quite a bit hoping they just need extra break in time but no go. I’ll wear them out to dinner or whatever but I’m ready to kick them off as soon as I walk through the door.

Skinny

Comment

I’m a boot snob. Every $200 boot I have owned has not lasted me 6 months. I know where $350+ Anderson beans for work boots. 2 reason dang comfy and they hold up better than anything else and I can get roughly a year or year/half out of them.

For dress I have Luchesses and Anderson beans

I wish I could find $200 boots that lasted more than 6-8 moths.
                  Last edited by dclifton; 10-16-2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                    My last pair of goin to town Ariats were great. Lasted 10+ years. My current pair are the most uncomfortable boots I’ve ever owned. I’ve forced myself to wear them quite a bit hoping they just need extra break in time but no go. I’ll wear them out to dinner or whatever but I’m ready to kick them off as soon as I walk through the door.

Skinny

Same here. Mine have no cushion at all.

Comment

Anderson Bean. Close the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by coachmas View Post
                        For @$200 , Ariat my choice.

This

Comment

Love my Ariets. I don’t have “dress boots.” I wear them for work play and dress they are comfortable and wear good.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

The only pair I have are USA made Justin (they are not all USA made). I like them but I am not working in them. They might be junk if you worked them, I don't know.

Comment

A good rule on whether a boot is made in US is if it has a replaceable heel cap it is most likely made here. BTW I only wear us made justins

Comment

Another Bean fan here. Anderson beans are soo soo nice. I just got a new pair of elephants and even they are great right out of the box. They make a pair of bison with a hybrid sole that I describe as almost tennis shoe like.

Comment

Working...
                                X