No announcement yet.

Eco Boost or 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either one of them are well up to the task that most folks would do. MPG won’t be different enough between the 2 to even discuss.

As to power, the ecoboost has noticeably more pull in the lower RPM range and the 5.0 loves to rev.

Both of them have between 370-395HP. Anyone that says either one is slow is just silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm digging the new company 5.0...the A10 is really nice & getting upwards of 600 miles out of the 36gal tank which is nice. Only had it since late March but already have 22k miles.

Coming from the 6.0 2500, it is VERY nice to have a truck than can pass without needing a landing strip.

Comment

I had a 5.0 and traded it for a 3.5 EB. Both had leveling kits and 34" tires with custom tuning. I liked the 5.0 until it came to towing anything. It makes all it torque much higher in the RPM band and was always downshifting, even hills without towing. The EB on the other hand never downshifts and tows much better. The 5.0 had 3.55 gears and the EB has 3.73. The turbos are fun!

Comment

I really like my 5.0 I like KIS and figured since I drive one to around 300k I’d have less things to go wrong. Sounds good when you crank her up and hear that soft rumble!

Comment

I have both. No problem with either. 190,000 on 5.0 and 90,000 on Eco boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have owned 3 a 2011 3,5 and ow a 2015 3.5 Eco. The 2011 was good had one issue wuth plug wires and a turbo boot. ixed and was fne averaged about 16MPG. Traded it in 2015 an got the newer body and its night and day. 2015 more power the 6 speed transmission shifts good I dont see any hesitation. With a 2 inch leveling kit and 18 inch BFGS it chirps the tires going into second on a hard run. Tows my 28 ft Bunkhouse and my 18ft trailer with tractor no problems. The new averages about 18 MPG. If I cruise on the highway and keep it around 70 I get 20-21.. Has 64000 with no issues. ( knock on wood)

Comment

I have the 2017 5.0 and love it I average about 18 city and highway and about 16-17 pulling a heavy trailer loaded down. It has plenty of get up and go. If you want it to be more "spunky" I recommend a tune. I have about 22K on mine and have not had one issue. I put an AFE cold air intake on it and the exhaust note from 2-4K RPM's on stock exhaust rumbles.

Comment

5.0 here buddy. You've seen mine. Tows great and hauls butt when needed!

Comment

Had an 2014 3.5 eco. Plenty of power, pulled a 38’ camper that weighed 10k and power was never an issue. I upgraded because the suspension was too soft. I loved the truck an enigine, had over 90,000 Miles with no issues at all

Comment

Eco Boost or 5.0?

My 13’ 4x4 eco has 164k and it has been a great vehicle. I get a combined 17mpg with it but I pull more than average and drive it pretty hard. Very pleased with the truck. I can not comment on the other model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2011 FX4 with 3.5 eco and 98k miles. It is my favorite truck by far, fun to drive and tows great. Pull our travel trailer likes its not there. No issues with mine so far.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nUCx5IQZro" style="display:none;">
                          IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nUCx5IQZro')">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nUCx5IQZro')"> I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nUCx5IQZro">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nUCx5IQZro" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Comment

I’ve got a 2016 5.0 and it has been great. Make sure you don’t get the 22gallon fuel tank. I didn’t realize mine had that tiny fuel tank and it’s my only complaint about the truck

Comment

5.0 is a simpler system... and honestly, if you really want that low rpm kick of torque, you could always get a turbo system in your 5.0 that will kick the 3.5 eb all day. 3.5 eb is a cool motor though, and does what it does.

Comment

I'm driving a '14 F150 Limited 4x4 with the EB and 36g fuel tank. Lifted and tuned. Now at 90,000 miles. No issues. Just put in a new battery, Motorcraft's best plugs, and all fluids. I have confidence in this engine and transmission.

Truck flies from 30-100mph.

Comment

Working...
                                X