Gamo Whisper - Bone Collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamo Whisper - Bone Collector

Looked at a Pellet Rifle for "Tree Rats" & Rabbits... and really didn't want to spend a Lot of $
    Looked at Midway and saw the Gamo Whisper Bone Collector for $ 79 on sale yesterday. It's "Reconditioned" but can't be any worse than a used one or The one in the Flea Market yesterday the guy was trying to sell for $ 150

Good for 25 yards and under and don't make the noise of a 22 LR

.22 or .177?

Comment

.177 Cal. They didn't have the 22 Cal but the .17 Cal will get it don with head shots ... Some good kill shots on Youtube... Even Jack Rabbits & Turkey, which are tough

Comment

Phdan - I retired from the Army out of FT. Sill/Lawton, OK ... That was some of the best Catfish fishing I've ever experienced ... Preferred Lake Ellsworth..

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
          Phdan - I retired from the Army out of FT. Sill/Lawton, OK ... That was some of the best Catfish fishing I've ever experienced ... Preferred Lake Ellsworth..

Do u hunt fort Sill?

Comment

When I was stationed there ... I didn't have the opportunity to hunt due to Military duties but the Fish were glad I left ...
            Co-worker use to due some hunting and I'd give you his name but he passed away unexpectedly last year...

Comment

Looked at a Pellet Rifle for "Tree Rats" & Rabbits... and really didn't want to spend a Lot of $
              Looked at Midway and saw the Gamo Whisper Bone Collector for $ 79 on sale yesterday. It's "Reconditioned" but can't be any worse than a used one or The one in the Flea Market yesterday the guy was trying to sell for $ 150

Good for 25 yards and under and don't make the noise of a 22 LR
              Every .177 air rifle is way louder than the .22lr I use.

My .22 is subsonic and suppressed. So you really only hear the action cycling and the bullet smacking.

Comment

Any pellet gun that's powerful enough to kill rabbits in .177 is going to be louder than you're wanting. So pick a .22 pellet offering.

Honestly, the pellet gun market is flooded with junk at the cheap level. You will probably be happier in the long run if you spend a little bit of money upfront (can still come in for less than $400).

Comment

I imaging a suppressed 22 LR is much quieter but I just don't see myself doing it and understand a LOT of JUNK has flooded the Air Gun Market ... But
                  Saw a lot of people get it don with 17 Cal Gamo 25 yards & under and a few over 25 yards ..

Comment

I imaging a suppressed 22 LR is much quieter but I just don't see myself doing it and understand a LOT of JUNK has flooded the Air Gun Market ... But
                    Saw a lot of people get it don with 17 Cal Gamo 25 yards & under and a few over 25 yards ..
                    They will be LOUD as the gun makes alot of noise and the pellets need to be going supersonic (read loud as a bull whip due to sonic crack).

I have also personally seen pigs killed with a pocket knife, does not mean that it is either the best choice or IMHO a sane choice.

Comment

When I was stationed there ... I didn't have the opportunity to hunt due to Military duties but the Fish were glad I left ...
                      Co-worker use to due some hunting and I'd give you his name but he passed away unexpectedly last year...

Lost a friend to cancer last year. Same guy? I lived at edgewater park for years and caught many catfish. One of the best kept secrets

Comment

Working...
                      X