Originally posted by samson33 View Post
      BluDiesel,
      I do not know you, but I do know who measured this deer. It grossed 212

Comment

This is fun

Comment

In

Comment

I dont know you either but i was with cody when myself and Justin scored the deer at the feed store.

Comment

The honest question we all have is why are these north Texas deer growing so big? Why are they, and not some other random county in Texas growing these kinds of presumably natural large racks? Does it have to do with minerals in the soil, the types of browse available there or simply the fact that they are getting to reach their full natural potential? If that's the case, why don't some other areas grow them this big naturally on a regular basis? Did the original deer that were brought to Grayson, Collin, Dallas, Kaufman etc counties have some kind of extra special genetic potential?

This is fascinating to me and I'm glad we are seeing these kinds of bucks now. I am very happy for the guy that shot it and anyone else who has legally taken a "larger than normal" buck in this area. I'm wondering if these deer share similar genetics with their north Oklahoma or Kansas neighbors?

Comment

Originally posted by BluDiesel View Post
                I dont know you either but i was with cody when myself and Justin scored the deer at the feed store.
                Are you an official scorer? Anyone can score the deer, the official score person is all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Are you an official scorer? Anyone can score the deer, the official score person is all that matters
                  If he was - 'Im sure there'd be a nice piece of paper to prove it.

Comment

That is a freak of nature! Congrats to whom ever layed that thing on the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by BluDiesel View Post
                      Then you obviously haven't spoken to Cody or Ben since they've had it scored by an official scorer.

Comment

Hey i never said i was a professional!! just telling you what us rednecks scored it at!

Comment

I posted the video of this buck in velvet from back on 08-28-2015 the thread is titled "Collin County Buck"

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
                            I posted the video of this buck in velvet from back on 08-28-2015 the thread is titled "Collin County Buck"
                            Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy1911 View Post
                              Where?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                                The honest question we all have is why are these north Texas deer growing so big? Why are they, and not some other random county in Texas growing these kinds of presumably natural large racks? Does it have to do with minerals in the soil, the types of browse available there or simply the fact that they are getting to reach their full natural potential? If that's the case, why don't some other areas grow them this big naturally on a regular basis? Did the original deer that were brought to Grayson, Collin, Dallas, Kaufman etc counties have some kind of extra special genetic potential?

This is fascinating to me and I'm glad we are seeing these kinds of bucks now. I am very happy for the guy that shot it and anyone else who has legally taken a "larger than normal" buck in this area. I'm wondering if these deer share similar genetics with their north Oklahoma or Kansas neighbors?
                                Put it this way, these genetics in the Grayson/Collin co. area were placed there, same genetics are also present in the richland creek WMA. With the new CWD deer transport rules they will pass on november 5th, (I am totally in favor of them), it won't be legal to release captive deer on low fence properties anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X