SR Ranch Cabin Build DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
    Bob was the cheapest part, he cost me about 16 jugs of sweet tea [emoji1787]

All in all, we are at ~$63,000 once I get this grass down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, that is awesome. Great job and something you'll be proud of forever.

Comment

Poor Hemi would be a double negative. So I guess we are good to go!

Comment

Awesome Reed! I don’t envy you having to lay all that sod though, lol. At least the temps are nice.

We’ll be down in Meyersville this weekend to drop my son off for spring break.

Comment

SR Ranch Cabin Build DIY

BobG and I knocked her out last night. 4 pallets and crawled in bed about 10PM.

The turf grass company cut our grass in “Long Strips” meaning they were 2 foot wide by 4 foot long... this was so helpful and I would have requested had I known how awesome. You can roll a strip up and carry it and lay out 8 SQFt.. it’s definitely the way to go!

As always I’ll have better pics when my wife gets behind the camera, but I was excited to wake up to some grass!!

Comment

Front entrance was about #17 on my to do list,

But some methhead drove into our place in a stolen car, ditched it and stole a car we were storing for my brother in law.

So this project got moved up!

Here is what we got done today. We will fill the squares in with wood, and have a plate CNC’d for the middle section with our brands in it! We will also run an arch across the top and some pipe for the sides down to the edge of the highway.

The ok’d cattle guard was not square with the road, so we moved the posts to be square, and will have to build a mew cattle guard.

Those poles are 8” square tubing 3/8” thick! Them boys ain’t going nowhere!

Comment

What??? No Bob G. pics???

Front entrance was about #17 on my to do list,

But some methhead drove into our place in a stolen car, ditched it and stole a car we were storing for my brother in law.

So this project got moved up!

Here is what we got done today. We will fill the squares in with wood, and have a plate CNC’d for the middle section with our brands in it! We will also run an arch across the top and some pipe for the sides down to the edge of the highway.

The ok’d cattle guard was not square with the road, so we moved the posts to be square, and will have to build a mew cattle guard.

Those poles are 8” square tubing 3/8” thick! Them boys ain’t going nowhere!

That's coming together nicely - You forgot to post my pic in the truck - every great supervisor needs recognition...

tending the fire,
              Bob G.

Comment

It’s been a while since we updated!! Lots has happened in a year…

First off the front deck started rotting because I didn’t use treated lumber [emoji2361] I know better and thought I could get away with sealing the boards… but it didn’t last. The rot was really bad right at the front door… so replaced this section and we are mailing plans to replace the whole front porch, and cover it at the same time… just takes $$

My wife likes to barrel race, but with the kids and craziness of our life she hasn’t had much time to ride, and especially not the time to haul a horse into town… so I borrowed the neighbors tiller attachment, and made the beginnings of an arena.

Comment

My wife likes to barrel race, but with the kids and craziness of our life she hasn’t had much time to ride, and especially not the time to haul a horse into town… so I borrowed the neighbors tiller attachment, and made the beginnings of an arena.
                  Oh, now that's a very good thing you did there! I'm sure she loves it!

Comment

That’s going to be a special place

Comment

2.5 years into this cabin, and the big hosue still ain’t on the board yet..

The washer machine went out Friday so we ordered a new one, I figured while I had it out, I better tile the bathroom!

I’ll try tog et the before pictures from my wife.

We laid schluter ditra uncoupling to hopefully help keep tiles from cracking since we are pier and beam.. snag that stiff is expensive!

I’ll post again tonight once I have the washer and dryer in and the vanity and toilet set back!

Comment

Working...
                      X