Moore Maker knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moore Maker knives

I'm looking for reviews on Moore Maker knives. I found an old thread dating back to 2011, it gave mixed reviews. I'm hoping someone on here has some from current production to give me their input. I'm most interested in the model 3100.
    Attached Files

Great knives, That is all I carry as a folder. Very good steel! I have the yellow one.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have had 3. One was stolen. Still have the other two. One is a 3100 and the other is the non locking blade sod buster. Both are HARD to sharpen but hold and edge forever. I have had both for 8-10 years or so. Lots of pigs and deer have been processed and I have no complaints. That being said I do find myself using the knives I’ve bought on TBH. My sicks and the couple form Chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are good quality but Moore maker doesnt actually make them. At one time they were made by Camillus I think but now I'm not sure. Allaboutpocketknives is a great sorce for everything you can think of about knives.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Older bone handles have a lot better steel than the derlin handles , the newer ones are junk. That’s all I’ve ever carried for years and loved them but I wouldn’t own a newer one. I’m not quite sure what changed but the quality is not there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Older ones are good the newer ones not so much, I have a large trapper that is as good as any Case I have ever owned. I believe now they are made by Frost and the steel is not very good.

Comment

Word is they have 2 diffrent lines of knives. Cheaper ones possibly made by Bear and son or Utica. The high end line is heard to be made by Queen Cutlery or Canal Street Cutlery.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I have the exact same knife huntandfish. I like it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my 3100. A picture of one showed up on Facebook, and I had to have one. Took me a while to figure out what model it was, but I got it December 2017. I love the size. Warning, do not soak a Moore Maker in soapy water for any length of time. You’ll lose the finish on the metal. Learned the hard way on a different model.

Comment

Newer ones are junk. Soft steel that won’t keep an edge. I keep the one given to me displayed in my office because it is useless as a knife.

Comment

i have a couple. good quality in my book. both are folders but been looking at the same one you are.

Comment

They are really nice knifes had one for 8yrs now

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          I have the exact same knife huntandfish. I like it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                          Didn’t we receive this knife as a gift? I love mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            Word is they have 2 diffrent lines of knives. Cheaper ones possibly made by Bear and son or Utica. The high end line is heard to be made by Queen Cutlery or Canal Street Cutlery.

Hoggslayer
                            This is pretty accurate from what I remember hearing. Bear and queen, and I think there’s another. I have about 7 or 8, yellow handle and bone handles. I always wanted the knife you have pictured but never got one. They are pretty decent knives, keep it oiled if it’s CS, they rust quick if you don’t.

Comment

I had one. It would get real sharp but would go dull in your pocket and never even using it. I quit carrying it.

Comment

Working...
                              X