Your 2018 Trad Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your 2018 Trad Goals

I started this thread last year, so here is the new one for 2018. I just came off my absolute worse hunting season imaginable... so I need a little more time for reflection on how to readjust for a better 2018.

Post up yer goals!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I want to post 18 trad kills on this thread for 2018! Not counting rabbits, squirrels, fish, and raccoons. Not likely but maybe I’ll get lucky!
    I’d also like to get back to shooting 3D well. I’ve had some issues with accuracy and consistency shooting 3D over the last few years and feel like it may be coming back. I hope so!
    Last edited by Featherflinger; 01-01-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

1. Take a Black Bear in Maine.

2. Have another great TBH Trad Hog Hunt with my Texas friends.

3. Take a javelina or 2 plus some pigs when my wife and I, along with some friends from NC, make a hunt in south Texas the last week in February.

4. Get back into 3d shooting.

Other than that I'll just roll with whatever opportunities arise.

Comment

Like to go up in poundage.

Comment

Just to maintain what I had going in the last half of 2017. I found some things that really work for me and I hope i don’t forget them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll Agree with Kincaid here. I have been shooting a little better lately and hope not to forget or loose that. I also want to commit a little more to trad archery and keep joints healthy. I had an injury this past season that took me out of archery for just a little bit.

Comment

My only goal this year is to kill a pig with the spear my buddy from Pa. made for me. I never took the time to do it last year.
              Then just keep doing what I've been doing!

Comment

My goals don't change from year to year. They are simply to shoot as much as I can, hunt as much as I can, be as successful as I can at both while having fun regardless.

I'll add this though - I intend to do everything I possibly can to get my Brothers & Sisters of the Stickbow to proudly wear the Traditional handle, and to show consideration & respect for all across the entire spectrum of it. I've always tried to do this, but may be a little more vocal about it from now on.

Rick

Comment

The goal I am going to concentrate on most is to win the trad division of our club championship. It is a series of 5 tournaments ending early summer. After that I will set some killin’ goals for next Fall.

Comment

My goals this year are easy.

1) Make more time to step outside and shoot. With the new job I really really fell off from shooting.
                    2) Go up in poundage so I can shoot the 60 consistently and use my 45 for form work.
                    3) Get my wife outside with her crossbow to do some shooting.
                    4) Actually. Go. On. A. Bow. Hunt!

God bless and happy hunting.
                    Richard.

Comment

1. This year I WILL get revenge on all the ninja squirrels.

2. Find a way to practice regularly at 30+ yards. I found my 10-15 yard shooting got way better by shooting at 20. Now I want to shrink those 20 yard groups!

3. One more deer (a hog would work as a substitute) before the end of the 2017-18 season.

I'll assess and update as needed in the summer.

Comment

My shooting is coming along great, I have 2 bows that are set up perfectly....I just need to kill a deer. I only had one opportunity with my bow this year and that deer wasn't recovered. So my season hasn't been great either. I don't think anything is wrong with my set ups, I may just have to look at getting on a more target rich lease. With that said I want to shoot more 3d and get comfortable shooting at longer distances. For targets that is, I still want my critters under 15. So I'll mainly focus on shooting a lot more at 20-30 yards and then try to connect next season.

Comment

Shoot over less deer than I did this year! That said! Shouldn't be hard!![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kill a bull over 320 with my compound, so I can get rid of the dang thing for good! Then 2 PY bucks and a few doe whities with the stick.
                            Last edited by tradslam; 01-01-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                              Kill a bull over 320 with my compound, so I can get rid of the dang thing for good! Then 2 PY bucks and a few doe whities with the stick.
                              Meaning elk? Just ditch it now, then that 320-330" bull will be so much sweeter when it happens! I should know. It took 7 years to seal the deal with my longbow.

Comment

Working...
                              X