Ponds in Prosper/Celina Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ponds in Prosper/Celina Area

Does anyone know of any good ponds to take kids fishing around Prosper or Celina? My kids are young (7,5,3) but show a lot of interest in fishing and I really want to make an effort to let them enjoy it this spring. We have a couple of neighborhood ponds around, but they are either somewhat hard to fish, crowded, or aren't productive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't know a lot of land owners in the area, but would be more than willing to trade some work, deer meat, or anything else for access to a good place.

Thanks!

Take em to Mckinney Towne Lake. TPWD just stocked it with 3000 rainbow trout on sunday. Talk about EASY fishing. The smaller part should still be fenced off where they did the kid fish derby. Water clarity is probably all jacked up due to the rain but I'll be out there Thursday to give a report.

Comment

I like this pond a lot. It is a little difficult to fish the whole pond, but it does have a dock and has lots of fish. And some really big bass!

Comment

Grew up in prosper. According to the PD when I was in high school the only public pond back then was Whispering Farms off Prosper Trail Rd. Another one is Lakes of La Cima. Both are good sized ponds but they get fished pretty hard all year so catching fish may be a little difficult unless you get out into the middle of them like we did. I'd try whispering farms on the north end near the rock wall area, they may have some decent perch over there. Shoot me a PM and I can direct you to others in the are that aren't "public".

Comment

We've fished in both Whispering Farms and Lakes of La Cima. Both still get fished quite a bit. We can catch a few perch once the weather warms up, but then still have to compete with the crowds. Bass get pretty finicky. I can catch them alright but the kids don't have much luck.

Comment

Working...
          X