Dream Lease (Almost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Lease (Almost)

Well, after months of searching for a new lease, I thought I had one located. Went to look at one that I was really excited about last week. Close enough to the house, potential for huge deer, lots of acreage, affordable, and five spots so I could get some friends on it with me. On the surface, everything looked perfect and I was really excited about it. Went to look at it and the land was pretty awesome, but while there I just kept getting a strange feeling that something wasn't right. Price seemed a bit too much below market (usually a good indicator), no locked gates, and land was listed for sale. Hmmm. Things starting to look a little odd. Then I started getting a little pressure about quick payment, need the money, etc. Long story short, after thinking about it an hour or so, I ended up walking away from it because I had a bad feeling in my gut. I tried to talk myself into doing it, but just couldn't get rid of that bad vibe. I might have passed on the lease of a lifetime for not reason, but at least feel somewhat okay about it since I don't have to worry about getting stuck in a bad situation.

Anyway, I'm still looking for a place to hunt next year. Looking in the north Texas and southern Oklahoma area, bow hunting only for deer (may shoot a hog with an AR if allowed), and would like to find a spot with at least 2 opening so I can continue to hunt with one of my best hunting buddies. Have stands, feeders, and the drive to get out and improve the land. I know there are a lot of guys looking, but if anyone knows of anything I sure would appreciate you letting me know.

Have a good one!

Originally posted by JDC View Post
    Well, after months of searching for a new lease, I thought I had one located. Went to look at one that I was really excited about last week. Close enough to the house, potential for huge deer, lots of acreage, affordable, and five spots so I could get some friends on it with me. On the surface, everything looked perfect and I was really excited about it. Went to look at it and the land was pretty awesome, but while there I just kept getting a strange feeling that something wasn't right. Price seemed a bit too much below market (usually a good indicator), no locked gates, and land was listed for sale. Hmmm. Things starting to look a little odd. Then I started getting a little pressure about quick payment, need the money, etc. Long story short, after thinking about it an hour or so, I ended up walking away from it because I had a bad feeling in my gut. I tried to talk myself into doing it, but just couldn't get rid of that bad vibe. I might have passed on the lease of a lifetime for not reason, but at least feel somewhat okay about it since I don't have to worry about getting stuck in a bad situation.

Anyway, I'm still looking for a place to hunt next year. Looking in the north Texas and southern Oklahoma area, bow hunting only for deer (may shoot a hog with an AR if allowed), and would like to find a spot with at least 2 opening so I can continue to hunt with one of my best hunting buddies. Have stands, feeders, and the drive to get out and improve the land. I know there are a lot of guys looking, but if anyone knows of anything I sure would appreciate you letting me know.

Have a good one!
    If it doesn't seem right, it's always best to go with your gut. You very well may have prevented yourself from getting scammed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
      if it doesn't seem right, it's always best to go with your gut. You very well may have prevented yourself from getting scammed!!!
      x100

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        If it doesn't seem right, it's always best to go with your gut. You very well may have prevented yourself from getting scammed!!!
        x10000! Follow your instincts.....wish many people I know would do that.

Comment

Too good to be true usually is.

Good job walking away from something so tempting.

Comment

Most likely you did the right thing! To many red flags!

Comment

yep... should feel right. Good luck finding one that does. Hopefully soon for ya.

Comment

Thanks. I feel good about it, but just hate to lose a place like that, especially since I don't have any leads on any others yet.

Comment

Working...
                X