Nightforce SHV 5-20x56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightforce SHV 5-20x56

Anyone have experience with this scope? I have looked at their more expensive stuff and know it is well reviewed but I wasn't aware of this model. I have been looking at used Vortex Viper PSTs for around $600 but if I can find the nightforce used, its only a few hundred bucks more. Thanks

Second focal plane, but it should track. Much better glass than the Viper.

I personally wouldn't buy a scope with that magnification that is second focal plane.
    Last edited by El General; 07-19-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

So the nightforce, Leupold LRP, or another in the $1k range. I really like the nightforce but can't decide yet first vs second fp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        So the nightforce, Leupold LRP, or another in the $1k range. I really like the nightforce but can't decide yet first vs second fp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        There are also first focal plans SHVs but they cost more. SFP is fine as long as you have it on correct magnification to use reticle. If you dial turrets, it is irrelevant. I have an SHV 4-14 on an AR15 that I did pretty well in a PRS gas gun match with. Dialed up to 800yards just fine.

Comment

Sorry guys for my question..i'm new here and can't create topic.
          I'm looking at either the Nightforce SHV 5-20 or a Swarovski Z5. Anybody have any input other than the obvious? Nightforce is heavy but beefy, Swaro is a lot lighter and glass seems a little better... Not too concerned about the weight though.
          Any input greatly appreciated!

Comment

Should be a fine scope. I'd take a second focal plane any day over a first focal. That's just me though.

Comment

My Son has one and it is excellent.

Comment

NightForce hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmuzow View Post
                  Sorry guys for my question..i'm new here and can't create topic.
                  I'm looking at either the Nightforce SHV 5-20 or a Swarovski Z5. Anybody have any input other than the obvious? Nightforce is heavy but beefy, Swaro is a lot lighter and glass seems a little better... Not too concerned about the weight though.
                  Any input greatly appreciated!
                  I have the Z5 with the ballistic turret and it’s a great scope. Never had a Nightforce so I can’t compare them.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                    There are also first focal plans SHVs but they cost more. SFP is fine as long as you have it on correct magnification to use reticle. If you dial turrets, it is irrelevant. I have an SHV 4-14 on an AR15 that I did pretty well in a PRS gas gun match with. Dialed up to 800yards just fine.
                    Agreed. If you are not ranging with the reticle and don’t use reticle routinely for hold offs, then second plane scopes are just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X