Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed........

Originally posted by lab man View Post
    Dimmit, Webb, LaSalle, Maverick, Frio and Zavalla.
    I agree w/ this..^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      The antler rule has helped immensely.
      I love the antler rule

Comment

There are so many B&c deer that are killed every year that they don't get turned in to B&c because people will lease out under them. Hunted a place a few years back and that was one of the rules couldn't officially score B&c bucks to keep poachers away. Sad but good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          Strong to quite strong
          Appreciate your time and answer.

Thoughts on Navarro, Henderson, Kauffman. Fairfield area? Than you in advance.

Comment

The one with the most high fences

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I'm really really curious why you say this?
              Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              There are so many B&c deer that are killed every year that they don't get turned in to B&c because people will lease out under them. Hunted a place a few years back and that was one of the rules couldn't officially score B&c bucks to keep poachers away. Sad but good idea.
              Yep straight from the ranch in Webb to the house in San Antonio
              Attached Files
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-22-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Hunt, Anderson, Maverick, Webb, Cooke, Grayson, Collin, Williamson, Milam.

Comment

Montague county. The sheds I've seen off of my FIL's place are insane. Low fence ranch with no feed for deer and there are some brutes rolling around out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the 271" county....hands down

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      The stats are a little misleading. Maverick County probably has the most low fence country left. We've killed several on our LaSalle County ranch that would have booked but are high fenced.
                      Heh... yeah... we average about 2 “net” deer a year and have for about 15 years on 4000 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                        Hunt, Anderson, Maverick, Webb, Cooke, Grayson, Collin, Williamson, Milam.
                        Williamson? Are you sure you read what this is about? Haha. Tiny deer in most of Williamson.

Comment

In the past Jack produced some big deer. I don't think that's the case anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
                            I've hunted and lived in South Texas most of my life and still do hunt down there. The golden Triangle does produce large number of big deer, 140"-180". The main reason most hunters go to the south texas is the numbers you see in the 140's. Take the 70,000 acre ranch in zavala county, that ranch produces less than a handful of 170" deer each year. I have a good friend that's family owns one of the larger ranches on the east side of South Texas and they started commercial hunting a few years ago. The old money ranches are all commercial hunted. If you own a small place 500acres or less and you start killing the neighbors big deer you'll be high fenced out. South Texas is all about the money. You have 3 giant big buck contest in South Texas, the poachers know who have the big bucks. Name 1 big buck contest in North texas that compares to any of those. I personally know of a 265" ran over in North Texas and 10-15 other 180"+ deer that have never been booked. The locals won't let the word out. If you can buy a piece of property and want to kill the buck of a lifetime 200"+ that's free range native deer that hasn't been raised or pumped with protein then look in North Texas. The deer are harder to hunt and you won't see as many numbers but the deer are huge!
                            Yep........ I've been doing taxidermy for 30 years and I remember when a 170" deer from South Texas was considered a monster. Back when high fences and breeding were not common practice. Now folks don't look twice at a buck like that from those parts..

As far as north Texas you are spot on. Donley, Gray and Wheeler grows some giants..
                            Schleicher has some monsters roaming it also..
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 12-23-2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Not the one I hunt in... :-(

Comment

Texas!!

Comment

Working...
                                X