tuning woes (trad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news Scott!

I had a torquing issue for a while and Rob told me to make a string bow, basically a long string loop. put your left hand in the loop like you are holding a bow and then draw back with the other side like you normally would. doing this lets you see the torque and get use to how it feels to not torque.

worked well for me !

Jon

Comment

Scott I'm glad you got to make it over to ben's. That bow shoots as good as it looks and it's purdy. Just remember trad archery is % 90 mental and the other % 10 is mental +/_ % 5 luck

Comment

Thanks Jon.

Yep, that is exactly what Ben had me do. I wouldn't have figured that out on my own.

-Scott

Comment

Originally posted by moreammo View Post
          Great news Scott!

I had a torquing issue for a while and Rob told me to make a string bow, basically a long string loop. put your left hand in the loop like you are holding a bow and then draw back with the other side like you normally would. doing this lets you see the torque and get use to how it feels to not torque.

worked well for me !

Jon
          This helped me a lot and lately when I get inconsistent I find myself twisting the bow string so I put it down and come back to this exercise. It really helps. Glad you got it worked out!

Comment

[QUOTE=little john;1052844 Just remember trad archery is % 90 mental and the other % 10 is mental +/_ % 5 luck[/QUOTE]

I think this is the most correct thing I have ever read

Comment

Working...
            X