Hog trap gates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog trap gates?

lets get or hear some input about the different types or styles of hog trap gates. as in rooter, swing or spring loaded, then the guillotine.

what works best for the user? for me, I have seen very few get out of the guillotine. but have mostly only had one or at best two in the trap. rooter types will let some out. the spring push open wont let some in if they are too small to shove it open.

what say the green screen?

In for this. Not trying to hijack but would like to see a trap with 2 Gates and the trigger setup.

Comment

I prefer single swinging gate with garage door spring to pull shut.

Comment

Mine has a 5'x8' guillotine gate. I've had as many as seventeen in it at once, but the big sow and boar would not come in. Had some 100 pounders in it though.

Comment

All 5 of my corral traps use 6 X 8 guillotine gates. Have caught as many a 37 at one time, never lost a pig through the gate. Did have a 140 pound sow go out over the top of a 6 foot tall corral trap.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
            In for this. Not trying to hijack but would like to see a trap with 2 Gates and the trigger setup.
            I think I can see what you are looking for. it may work for the really trap shy hogs. like a double entry door.

Comment

My cousin has been running a swing gate out in Concan triggered by https://wirelesstraps.com/
              Been working great. All the hogs that we see in trap before we drop the gate are there when we get there. So the gate stays closed.
              This trap system has delivered 80 hogs in less than 6 months. Hooked up to ATT.
              52054 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

I have the All Seasons Feeder hog gate. Very happy with it. I use four welded-wire-panels and make a large enclosure with t-posts. They proved a long coated cable for a trip wire. I upgraded their hook release with an halyard snap as I find them to be more reliable; also easier to set. I’ve had it four years and only had to replace the spring ($15) one time. Very well built pice of equipment. We run it year round.

Comment

48” gate:

Comment

In. not sure if Im buying or building

Comment

Guillotine, every day and twice on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

guillotine with a spring loaded locking pin. the only way out is up and over

Comment

I prefer the spring gate with trip wire in the back. A buddy of mine that works on a high fence breeder ranch uses some with swing doors that the hogs push up, I guess this is the rooter type. They use them to prevent catching deer. He like them.

Comment

For those of you using guillotine gates, where are you getting the gates? Building them yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Jager Pro! I catch the whole wad....and they don’t get out!

Comment

Working...
                              X