No bullying policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No bullying policy

Implemented the same policy with my 4th grader last year. He has a “file” at the school now, but “little Johnny” hasn’t messed with him since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

😂

Comment

Agree 100%

Comment

carry a big stick.

Comment

I tought my kids the same thing. You don’t start a fight but you do finish it. My kids will not be bullied
          Last edited by The Insurance Guy; 10-15-2018, 06:44 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Yep a bully won’t bully someone who will fight back. My kids know there butt will be in trouble if they pick a fight, but also know I will back them to the end for defending themselves.

Comment

100% My oldest son had a problem in the beginning of second grade last year that was getting him down. A few sparring lessons which included taking hits and continuing to dish and never stopping until an adult pulls you off, and voila; "little Johnny" is no longer a bully. The best part was picking my son up to go out for lunch together all week, rather than the school "social worker" having him feel ashamed eating alone in their office while shaming him for standing up for himself. He did start a fight about a month later and learned a hard lesson about when it's right and wrong to hit someone, and had to deal with their consequences on his own and punishment at home to boot.
              I never had a brother and I actually worry about whats going to happen when my 3 boys are all in school together, both two younger boys being in the cross hairs of the principal because of their older brother, and the thought of them going all musketeer on anyone that bothers them.
              On the flip side, how do you teach your kids never to bully or poke anyone?
              Last edited by Txtourist; 10-15-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Taught mine the same. Bully never jacked with him again. Wife wasn't to pleased the Principle called her and not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    Taught mine the same. Bully never jacked with him again. Wife wasn't to pleased the Principle called her and not me.
                    Funny how they always call the wife when there's a problem like this and they call me when they want something. I did tell my son, if he ever ends up in the principals office and deep down, he knows he doesn't belong there, to demand that the principal call me immediately and I'll have his back, but know he had better be 100%.
                    I also taught him if he's again 100% and the principal won't call me, to look over at the principal's family photo and say- "That's a nice family, be a shame if something happened to them." Jury is still out on that one.....

Comment

My grandson had a kid bullying him in the 4th grade. He told the teacher, no help. He told the principle, no help. He told me, I showed him how to punch and told him the next time it happened tell the kid" shut up, go away and leave me alone. If he says anything at all don't stop punching until the kid hits the ground." That was on a Friday. The next Tuesday morning I got a cal that he knocked the kids tooth out. He's now in the 7th grade and has had no problems since then.

Comment

Love it.

Comment

Wife and I taught both our boys the same. If someone bullies you and you have to fight, you fight to win and hurt them so they don't come back for more.We would deal with the school BS later. Both have turned out to be fine young men.

Comment

For sure! I know lots of teachers who would agree with this, but the administrators and school boards are so up tight and scared of lawsuits they won't let kids handle things.

Comment

Kid has it figured out

Told my kids the same as most have posted

Don't start a fight, but beat the hell out of anyone that starts one with you

I will deal with the principle/police

Never got a call

Do have a great isd police chief though

Comment

Working...
                              X