DuPont Schedule Annual Salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DuPont Schedule Annual Salary

I am just starting with a company and I will be working a DuPont schedule. I am trying to figure out what I will make at the end of the year but I can’t quite figure it out.

Reg Time Hr/Rate: $29.30
    OT Hr/Rate: $43.95

Working a DuPont schedule.
    At the end of the year get a 4% annual bonus.

We work 12/hr shifts and get paid anything over 8 hours is OT.

So 8 hours straight, 4 OT = 12hr per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My quick calculator work puts you right under 70k as your base pay (including the bonus you mentioned). I'm calling base pay- what you will get if you show up for work your regular shift but steer clear of extra OT.

Do you get a shift differential for nights? (we get an extra buck on nights)

I've been working shift work for 23 years and can tell you - I can easily add ~5-10k to what they say my base pay is.

I bet at after the dust settles you'll be closer to 75 & up than 70.

BTW, I do not work Dupont schedule, but do work 12hr shift- I'm pretty sure the hours work out the same.
    Last edited by DaveC; 07-15-2018, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Pm sent
      Last edited by doublearrow; 07-15-2018, 01:25 AM. Reason: A

Comment

What's your unscheduled OT rate? Some places pay 1.71x on any OT outside your scheduled 4 hrs OT.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
          I am just starting with a company and I will be working a DuPont schedule. I am trying to figure out what I will make at the end of the year but I can’t quite figure it out.

Reg Time Hr/Rate: $29.30
          OT Hr/Rate: $43.95

Working a DuPont schedule.
          At the end of the year get a 4% annual bonus.

We work 12/hr shifts and get paid anything over 8 hours is OT.

So 8 hours straight, 4 OT = 12hr per day.

PM Sent

Comment

Some of that fuzzy math. Same here at our place. H R should be able to give you their formula. Between callouts, holidays, and such your pay will normally vary from what you expect it to be.

Comment

When I worked DuPont schedule we got paid straight time up to 40/week then OT for anything over 40. I could never figure out my base pay because I never had a check that didn’t have OT on it.

I can say almost surely you will make quite a bit more than your base. There has been a couple years that I’ve nearly doubled my base pay.

Comment

Here's my latest sub. You sometimes need to be a mathematician to figure different pay rates. Basically, on a schedule like this, you get 56 hrs straight time and 28 hrs scheduled OT per two week check. So roughly, there's 26 pay periods a year 26x(56hrs @ regular rate) + 26x(28hrs@ OT) + Unscheduled OT hrs (1.71xhrs worked) = gross yearly income less bonus'

In your case, (1456hrs x $29.30) + (728hrs x 43.95) = 42,660 + 31995

$74,655 yearly + $3k bonus = $77K roughly via my gorilla math
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                  When I worked DuPont schedule we got paid straight time up to 40/week then OT for anything over 40. I could never figure out my base pay because I never had a check that didn’t have OT on it.

I can say almost surely you will make quite a bit more than your base. There has been a couple years that I’ve nearly doubled my base pay.
                  This..I've done it for 26 yrs.Shift premiums,Sunday pay,holidays,etc..I've never made base pay.Ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

What the heck is a "DuPont schedule"?

I worked in a manufacturing plant (air conditioners) for ~12yrs, never made "base" pay

Comment

Congrats on your job.

Oh and my math matches others above, approximately 74k.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        What the heck is a "DuPont schedule"?

I worked in a manufacturing plant (air conditioners) for ~12yrs, never made "base" pay
                        This is one form of a 12 hour shift rotation that was common at the DuPont company is my understanding. Some say you get more time off with this DuPont schedule but there are pros and cons as usual in these situations. As stated just my opinion as I understand it.

Comment

I understand I will be making more than my base salary. I am just trying to figure out what I would be making before. Call outs, holidays etc..
                          I had me sitting somewhere around $75K just wasn’t sure if I was calculating right because the schedule still confuses me. Haha

Comment

Not so much the schedule confuses me but how each of my paychecks with that schedule confuse me

Comment

Also how many hours of OT did people average working this schedule?

If we come in on our off time we automatically get OT X1.5

Comment

Working...
                              X