A date with a Hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A date with a Hog

I shot this hog with a Hoyt Maxxis at 15 yards. I used a Slick Trick broadhead that went straight through. The arrow was covered with blood from tip to nock. Unfortunately, we lost the blood trail, and didn't recover the hog. The coyotes need to eat too!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1LzRIYXNg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1LzRIYXNg[/ame]

I shot one about that size last week and didn't get as much penetration. Watched him run for about 75-80 yds and since we had nearly 3" of rain 24 hours prior, the ground was ideal for tracking. Never found a drop of blood, the arrow, or the hog. Does happen sometime, and the landowner's attitude--"another good pig"

Comment

i bet you were tired of holding that bow back that long, congrats good shot

Comment

WoW ... good shot. Made me tired just watching you hold that bow back so long. KAP ...

Comment

Originally posted by stickinpigs View Post
          i bet you were tired of holding that bow back that long, congrats good shot
          Thanks. I thought he was never going to turn. And then to top it all off, he decided to play disappearing pig.

Comment

Nice shootin.
            Congrats.

Comment

nice vid! hogs are tough!!

Comment

I don't like broadside shots. I seem to either hit the shoulder or go through the stomach or liver. Either one is a long tracking or lost hog. I have gone to quartering away or don't shoot.

Nice video. Better luck next time.

Comment

way to hold that bow for a long time, bet it felt like an eternity...Shoe

Comment

Nice video, get out there and get em again

Comment

Man. you are making me want to go sit out...

may go one evenning this week.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Comment

Comment

Cool video. Makes me want to go jump in the stand this evening!

Comment

Working...
                              X