Hagerman Hog Hunts - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Hog Hunts - 2014

Since not a lot of people knew about the last one, here's some info. Signups are this month.

For those of you who like to hog hunt – make a note to apply for the March 7-9 & March 21-23, 2014 feral hog hunts during the month of November. This will be the second year the hunt has been offered, and a few changes were made from last year. First, the hunt permit fee was lowered from $50 to $25 to encourage more hunters to apply. Second, you may apply with a buddy this year (last year, this was not the case). Third, hunt applications will be submitted on-line to the Kinsail Corporation (www.hagermanpermits.com) who will conduct the draw, but then drawn hunters will be notified by Refuge staff. This year, hunt permit fees will be sent to the Refuge (check or money order, no cash) and permits (170 available) will be issued directly by Refuge staff. There will be no $5 processing fee to receive the actual permit this year. Most permits will be issued via e-mail so it is very important that you make certain the information you enter into the Kinsail database is accurate. Due to budget constraints, there will not be a staffed hunter check station. However, hunters must still self-check in and out at the specified location each day of the hunt, and all hogs harvested must be logged in at the check-in station as well.

Feral Hog Hunt

March 7-9 & March 21-23

170 total permits available

Multiple Refuge Hunt Units will be open and hunters will be assigned to a specific unit during the drawing process. Shotguns, bow and arrow, and muzzleloaders allowed. Only lead free, non-toxic (steel, bismuth, copper or tungsten) 00 buck shot may be used. All hunters must be in compliance with State of Texas hunter education requirements. In addition, those who will be using archery equipment must have proof of completion of a bow hunter safety course. Depending on demand, one or more units may be designated as a bow hunting only unit.

I don't think you have to qualify for the archery hunt. There was only about 80+ people that signed up last year.

Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

I entered Friday. Tons of hogs out there.

Comment

Bunch of hogs for sure! Harris Creek is covered up with them.

Comment

Registered Saturday... However, the buddy system was not working and would not allow me to register 2 on one. I was forced to have to register myself, then my son individually. Two payments to Kinsail. Still cheap fun, but might want to have that looked at to prevent others from passing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
            Registered Saturday... However, the buddy system was not working and would not allow me to register 2 on one. I was forced to have to register myself, then my son individually. Two payments to Kinsail. Still cheap fun, but might want to have that looked at to prevent others from passing.
            Looks to be fixed now. I didn't enter but it had two applicants available.

Comment

Thank you for posting this.

Comment

I keep trying to do it every day but keep forgetting to bring my BHE # to work with me. Oh well, try again tomorrow ha ha

Comment

for sure putting in for this

Comment

^^^

Comment

just entered

Comment

Does anyone know, will it state on the permit the method (archery, shotgun, BP) applied/approved for? I am hoping someone will offer a bowhunter ed course before then in the DFW area.

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
                          Does anyone know, will it state on the permit the method (archery, shotgun, BP) applied/approved for? I am hoping someone will offer a bowhunter ed course before then in the DFW area.
                          I know that when you enter your info it specifically asks your weapon of choice. I think you can only enter this month.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Deadline is Sat

Comment

Working...
                              X