Tag!!! You're IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag!!! You're IT!

Tag is a movie that is coming out next week. It might be funny. It might be stupid, but I find the true story behind this movie one of the best stories about old friends that I've ever heard.

When they went away to college, supposedly, these old friends decided to expand the game of Tag. Each February, whoever is IT has to tag one of his buddies. That person is now IT and has to tag another buddy in the group. This goes on for the whole month. Whomever it IT at the end of the month owns the title for the whole year and is responsible for starting up the following February. When you take into account that some have moved, they now have families, have jobs, take vacations, etc.., it just gets more interesting. Legend has it that one buddy got tagged at his Dad's funeral. A buddy walked up to him and put his hand on his shoulder and whispered, "You're it". Another story has a guy getting tagged at his wife's chemo appointment. One at the birth of his child. Others in business meetings. This game has been going on for almost 30 years.

The story came out because supposedly one of the guys was being interviewed for his job by the Wall Street Journal when his buddy busted into the interview and tagged him. The reporter was so intrigued but the story that he wrote about it. That's how the story got out and how it became a movie.

This story caught my attention today because last night I spent some time with three good friends from my childhood. We've known each other for almost 40 years, and are spread across Texas, but pick up where we left off each time we're together. Old friends are hard to beat.

Just saw the trailer, should be worth a trip to the theater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      Just saw the trailer, should be worth a trip to the theater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I hope the movie does the story justice. I somehow think it won't.

Comment

1st I've heard about it. Sounds like it has alot of potential. At minimum, it's an original idea. Those are hard to come by nowadays when it comes to movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
          1st I've heard about it. Sounds like it has alot of potential. At minimum, it's an original idea. Those are hard to come by nowadays when it comes to movies.
          Agreed. I think the fact that it's a TRUE story makes it pretty cool. The movie will probably suck, but what a cool story.

Comment

Appears to be on the lines of the Hangover. Likely a guy movie. Good for me!

Comment

Its got a great cast

Comment

Could be a really good movie, but like you.........we'll see.

Comment

LMAO.....this thread isn't about the movie, guys. Hollywood pretty much sucks.

IT'S ABOUT THE STORY!!!!!!

Comment

This might be a good movie, but probably not. We'll have to wait to see the reviews

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                      This might be a good movie, but probably not. We'll have to wait to see the reviews

Could be funny, could be a huge flop I guess we shall see.

The idea of a game going on for 30 years is just crazy to me.

Speaking of seeing old friends and picking up where you left off I understand.

Me and a close friend had a falling out about 5 years ago and hadn’t spoke since. We saw each other at my brothers a month back and laughed and joke like nothing ever happen.

Even my wife made mention after we left, how we just conversed like nothing ever happen. I guess old friends just pick up where they left off, no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a really cool story. I love it! Thanks for sharing it Curt.

Comment

Working...
                        X