Cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabinets

Im looking at building up a few cabinets to keep things together and clean it up with all the hunting/fishing/camping supplies that I have acquired over time. I have built some along time ago but were very poorly built and Im looking at doing some nice ones to be able to keep and last along time. Im wanting one so I can actually hang up my clothes in and throw a scent waffer up in there. I have a rubbermaid now but its packed full. The other Im wanting to just build it and have some shelves inside of it to where I can put odd end things in such and my boxes with bowparts, gun parts, ammo, fishing supplies and what not. Im new to good woodwork so I was hoping to find someone to guide me in the right direction with this. Also if anyone has any pictures of something that they have made would be great as well. Thanks.

Get you a Kreg Jig and do all square cuts. You can use the jig to build the cabinet box and face frame and connect the two.

Your only problem will be building the doors. If you want something other then plain jane plywood doors.

You can do plywood doors and get the matching edge band from Lowes and iron it on.

If you want something fancy you will have to do dado joints and rabbit joints to make flat panels to connect it all so it stays together.

Other wise you will need a decent router table and some cabinet door bits to make good strong doors.

Or you can get them pretty cheap through my door shop.

Comment

This is what the plywood doors with edge banding would look like. Fairly simple and quick to do.

For the record, the customer stained and finished these himself to save some money. You can see what happens when you try to cut corners.

This is a more detailed door. Raised panel actually and you will need heavy duty equipment to do raised panel doors. But you can do the flat panels and still be just a nice with less equipment.

Comment

X2 on the Kreg jig. It will save you a lot of time and makes very strong joints.

Comment

The Kreg Jig is awesome !

Comment

Go to Hotel Liquidaters in Lancaster at I35 and Wintergreen. They have really nice Armoirs (sp?) for way less than you can build them. Roughly $80, with shelving, drawers, etc. Nice heavy wood.

Comment

Working...
            X