Any ideas on a removable winch mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas on a removable winch mount?

I bought a small Warn winch that originally I was going to make a brace/bracket to go into my hitch. But I would have to run 4 gauge wiring from the battery for that distance. If I mount it in the front of the pickup box, I can use 6 gauge wiring and the smaller 50 amp connectors (in leau of carrying a second battery in the bed).

The front wall of the box doesn't seem strong enough so going through the floor and a crossmember seems the better option. But I would like to remove the winch on occasions - any ideas on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Allided electronics and some battery places carry high amp disconnects,

Comment

Originally posted by tpcollins View Post
      I bought a small Warn winch that originally I was going to make a brace/bracket to go into my hitch. But I would have to run 4 gauge wiring from the battery for that distance. If I mount it in the front of the pickup box, I can use 6 gauge wiring and the smaller 50 amp connectors (in leau of carrying a second battery in the bed).

The front wall of the box doesn't seem strong enough so going through the floor and a crossmember seems the better option. But I would like to remove the winch on occasions - any ideas on this would be appreciated, thanks.
      I believe Harbor Freight sales the bracket that is attached to a reciever that can be removed.

manwitaplan

Comment

The removable front end winches I've seen so far are very practical but not very attractive as they tend to stick out a bit. Best to mount the control box and winch consealed with just the hook visible.
        Whie you are at it, might as well get a higher rating winch that would hold more cable too ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X