Best Video Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Video Camera

I need some opinions on a video camera. I looked through old posts but with technology advancing so fast I dont want to sort through old info to find remaining relevance. Bottom line, What is the best camera on the market right now for HD or 4k or high speed fps stuff. Im not looking for like a deal, or "great for its price".Something to put on a nice Tripod or sturdy mount for self filming and to film others too. I dont really want to exceed 2,000$ if I dont have to. What you got video experts?

ttt

Comment

Bump

Comment

Still nothing

Comment

up

Comment

Not an expert but if you're willing to spend around 2k for a camera, pretty much anything in that price range is gonna be a quality product. Good luck.

Comment

This is what I use and I am happy, but it doesn't cost what you are willing to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                This is what I use and I am happy, but it doesn't cost what you are willing to spend.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-HC-X.../dp/B00AW54Z7C
                Do you have some footage you can post up, or email me?

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                  Not an expert but if you're willing to spend around 2k for a camera, pretty much anything in that price range is gonna be a quality product. Good luck.
                  I am really trying to be able to record hunts and make them look dang near show quality, not like video taped hunts. If I dont have to spend that much to achieve that, perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
                    I am really trying to be able to record hunts and make them look dang near show quality, not like video taped hunts. If I dont have to spend that much to achieve that, perfect.
                    With that price range youre gonna get that type of quality of video. Hey do hunt just west of 83 and 41???

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                      With that price range youre gonna get that type of quality of video. Hey do hunt just west of 83 and 41???
                      Down 41 from that intersection 83/41 about 6 miles, Snodgrass road bout 7 miles in on the right "Salter Place"

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
                        Down 41 from that intersection 83/41 about 6 miles, Snodgrass road bout 7 miles in on the right "Salter Place"
                        Yea I hunt about 4-5 miles passed you on snodgrass. Small family ranch.

Comment

Yeah? Small world! I am Jarrett Salter. You over by The historical marker? I thought it dead ends into the high fence pretty soon after the old house. Your hunting get affected pretty negatively back when Rancho Milagro went up and put the high fences on both sides of the road? Half of my place is HF now....

Comment

With your budget, you might look at this...

The 1" sensor is appealing. Personally, I would not run it at 4K though, because that is 30fps and I would rather have 1080p at 60fps for smoother slow motion. Heck, I usually export from Pinnacle Studio at 720p anyway. Anything larger is a pain for some people to download from YouTube. And if it takes too long to download, it won't get watched as much.

I wouldn't want a camera any larger than this. The small size is a plus for self-filmed hunts IMO.

I'm currently using a Panasonic similar to the one Venado posted (but older generation) and have been very pleased with it.

My most recent self-filmed hunt...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIIB21GRBVY"]S O S - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

By the way, there's a lot more info on this kind of stuff in the Bowhunting Videos section... http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...isplay.php?f=8

Comment

Working...
                              X