Macro Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macro Lens

I have been shooting for a while, and just got a new Nikon D90 a few weeks back that is wonderful.
    I am looking at getting a Really nice piece of Macro glass. This is the one that I am considering.

Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 Macro AF-S VR

(And with the thread about rental glass, I think I am going to check it out before I buy)

Anyways, if anyone out there has an opinion on the matter or uses/has a suggestions about a different lens let me know.

Thanks all

try before you buy. Sigma makes a good macro also

Comment

Get one of them fish eye lenses like Rob (ATW) has....so you can freak everbody out when ya take a picture of em!
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
        Get one of them fish eye lenses like Rob (ATW) has....so you can freak everbody out when ya take a picture of em!
        Haha. I'm sure that got questioned a lot. LOL.
        I hear if you de-fish the picture, the shots turn out great? I've never messed around with it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro1970 View Post
          try before you buy. Sigma makes a good macro also
          I see that this Sigma lens is available to rent as well... is it the one you are talking about?

Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro

Comment

I don't personally own the Nikon 105 Macro, but have heard rave reviews of it. I'm not a big fan of third party lenses, but I do have the Sigma 105mm 2.8 macro and it is a good lens. I'm sure it is not near what the Nikon is, but for the cost it serves its purpose. If you have any doubts I highly recommend either borrowing one or renting like you mentioned...it costs more in the long run, but at least you will be confident when you make the purchase.

-Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Hillybgigem View Post
              I see that this Sigma lens is available to rent as well... is it the one you are talking about?

Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro
              Actually I was thinking of the 105mm when I posted but the 150mm is supposed to be great lens also and gives you a little more working space.

Comment

Working...
              X