No brow tines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brow tines

Do you shoot them? I have a 2.5 yrs old 5 pt with no brow tines coming to my feeder. Do you shoot? Rest of his rack is nice prob 14-15" wide.

Not at 2.5 I don’t

Comment

Cull.

Comment

Not at 2.5 but I do at 3.5. Actually looking for 1 of the 3 sixes we have running around.
        If it's pencil horned it gets a pass

Comment

I shoot him, he is breeding and may pass that on. Shot one similar to what you are explaining last year. I don't take the chance, too many good bucks out there, let them be the ones passing on their genetics.
          Last edited by Deepwoods; 11-26-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwoods View Post
            I shout him, he is breeding and may pass that on. Shot one similar to what you are explaining last year. I don't take the chance, too many good bucks out there, let them be the ones passing on their genetics.
            Brought my rifle this morning and wanted to shoot a few does. He won't let them come to corn. Here's a few pics of him about 150 yds away through 8 power binos.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I would not shoot that deer

Comment

Let him go. Could end up a unique wide 4 point ? I always like the wide main frame 6 's.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  I would not shoot that deer
                  I'm not planning on it but would have let my son shoot it but he decided to sleep in his last day before going back to school.

I've watched him for 45 min. He chased off all the doe and ate all the corn. Hoping he doesn't come back for the second throwing at 8:10 so a few doe can come in.

Comment

Yep. This deer walks imo.

Comment

I would give him a pass this year.

Comment

Be VERY CAREFUL passing "no brow bucks". Its a genetic trait. It can get out of hand quick especially if all that is being shot are your good genetics.. I witnessed this first hand.. On a 10 man, 2500 acre lease it was voted to pass on them(I voted to shoot)and 5 years later it was hard to see a buck WITH brows..

Comment

If your trying to grow 115-130 mature deer then don't shoot. If your trying to grow 140+ mature deer then shoot. He could grow up to be 140+ but deer like this usually don't. They usually just keep passing on that no brow gene to their offspring.

Comment

No brows even at 2 gets hammered. You want more running around? Then let him walk.

Comment

We wax em as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X