Best New 2500 Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best New 2500 Diesel

Can't make up my mind on which Truck to buy, I currently have a 2014 F-250. Which has had a few problems so kinda on the fence on a new F-250 plus I don't know if I like the new body style.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

prepare for a fight on this topic! Cummings if you tow a lot, they are the only medium duty motor offered out of the 3.

Comment

Draw one out of a hat

Can't go wrong with them anymore

Comment

I have a 37 ft tongue pull Travel trailer which weighs 8200 lbs and then just trailer with SxS. I'm actually leaning towards the Rams, they seen to offer more bang for your buck.

Comment

Drive them all and see what you like the most.
          I'd like to have one of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            Drive them all and see what you like the most.
            I'd like to have one of each.

Me too

Comment

Ford, but it's marginal. They'll all perform about the same.

Comment

I can also add, if someone were to steal my truck tomorrow I'd look hard at the RAM 2500 with the 6.4 hemi and purchase the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty they offer on the gas engine models.
                Then I'd try to stay in it forever.
                Lifetime warranty, the piece of mind that would provide has my attention.

Comment

I can also add, if someone were to steal my truck tomorrow I'd look hard at the RAM 2500 with the 6.4 hemi and purchase the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty they offer on the gas engine models.
                  Then I'd try to stay in it forever.
                  Lifetime warranty, the piece of mind that would provide has my attention.

Wonder how well the gas engine does pulling a travel trailer like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter98 View Post
                    Wonder how well the gas engine does pulling a travel trailer like mine.

IDK, it would be real handy to be able to borrow one, hook up and see how it does. Sadly that's a pipe dream unless you know someone who has the same truck you are considering.
                    Towing with before buying ought to be a standard practice- it kinda bites that you have to buy a truck, then find out how it tows your load. In a perfect world it would be the other way around- bring your load to the dealer then hook up to various equipped trucks and decide from there.

I wonder if renting one is an option.

I'd bet at 8200 # it would handle that just fine.
                    There is a video on youtube of a guy pulling a 37' 5th wheel TT while videoing his gauges while getting on and off the freeway- judging by the video, it looks plenty strong to me.

Units are in metric (speed and fuel economy). 21.9L / 100 Km = 10.7 mpgTrailer is about 11,000 lbs, truck has 4.10 axles.Total load (truck and trailer) is a...

keep in mind that is a 2014, you'd think they would have made a few improvements since then.

the comments below the video are interesting as well.
                    Last edited by DaveC; 06-10-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Cough ..Diesel.. Cough cough...

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
                        Cough ..Diesel.. Cough cough...
                        So when you're heading to Walgreens in your diesel, which brand is it
                        and is it the brand you would buy tomorrow?

Comment

So when you're heading to Walgreens in your diesel, which brand is it
                          and is it the brand you would buy tomorrow?
                          I currently own a Ram 2500 Mega cab 4x4. I love it. I would definitely buy a Ram with the Cummins again! To show I am not bias because thats what I currently own, Ill tell you about the Diesel Trucks I have had.

2002 Duramax - Highly Modded and a suncoast built trans. It was great and only sold it because.. well I have no good reason, I sold it and regretted it!

2006 F-250 king rsnch - it was ok.... But I missed the duramax!

2012 Ram 4x4 cummins - It was great and I loved that It was the only Diesel truck at the time that still didnt use the DEF. Sold It because I took a job traveling out of the country.

2010 Ram 4x4 cummins - Bought this one after coming back from overseas. Modded it and sold it later on as I really wanted a mega cab.

2017 Mega Cab 4x4 - This one is by far my favorite! It still has all the emission stuff on it... for now....

Now... It was a toss up between the ford and the ram this time as the new fords look soooooo sweet, especially with the led headlights! But in the end, It was the Mega Cab that got me. I did look at the new duramax also, I looked at all the trim levels and have to say there are no rear av/ heater vents in the center console that point into the back seat, I found that really strange as even the Denali did not have them.... that immediately kept me from even test driving one.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about any of the above subject matter.

Comment

Best New 2500 Diesel

Great response. I think that's the kind of information the OP was looking for.

Funny thing about the rear facing A/C vents- when we get back from a road trip (in my F-250 with rear facing vents) I notice my son -who rides in the backseat - always closes them off. So I guess it's cold enough for him in the cab without utilizing them.

Last edited by DaveC; 06-11-2017, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Great response. I think that's the kind of information the OP was looking for.

Funny thing about the rear facing A/C vents- when we get back from a road trip (in my F-250 with rear facing vents) I notice my son -who rides in the backseat - always closes them off. So I guess it's cold enough for him in the cab without utilizing them.

My little one has gotten cold and asked me to close them also, but when its hot or cold in the vehicle and you have just gotten in, I think they help a lot.... or maybe they dont do anything and they are like a placebo...?

My thought was its better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.
                              Last edited by Doug Roberts; 06-11-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X