Deer loading with Polaris Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post

This is my carry all I use on the back of the Ranger. I also like the winch, but this is one less wiring problem or plugs to buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
      This much cheaper.
      $10 in metal a couple bolts and a $50-100 winch, can’t be that much cheaper.

Comment

Love the winch idea..I have been thinking of the same thing.

Problem I found with the hitch basket is when it is muddy or dusty your animal has to be washed before cleaning it.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
          Anyone have any idea of the strength of the roll cage? Wondered if I used to winch to help get the ranger in stuck would it potentially bend the cage?
          The problem with this is that if you are stuck, you need to pull from low on the machine. Pulling up high will try to tip it over rather than pull it up and out.

Comment

I thought about mounting pulleys on the roof of mine and using the winch on the front. Anyone ever tried that?

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
              Thought about this, the down sides I see are portable wiring would be either expensive to buy heavy duty plugs or rough looking with loose cables around. But would save over buying a second winch.

This isn’t wireless it has a regular remote that plugs in up top like your bigger model winch’s.

Anyone have any idea of the strength of the roll cage? Wondered if I used to winch to help get the ranger in stuck would it potentially bend the cage?
              There is definitely some load would bend the cage. Wish we knew what it was. I'm sure 200 lbs is safe but 500? I don't know.

Comment

looks great!

I welded a receiver to the roof on mine.

Comment

Eastexasbowbender on here has his somewhat rigged up like this on his ranger. Only it's mounted off to the side. The way he desctibed it to me, was he would winch up one side and he just tossed the other side in by hand. Kinda like an extra buddy helping to load the animal. Pretty smart idea either way.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

This is the best one I've seen. Rack built on the front that hinges down and the front bumper winch is attached and just draws right up.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1975.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24522325

Comment

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
                        This is the best one I've seen. Rack built on the front that hinges down and the front bumper winch is attached and just draws right up.
                        [ATTACH]886525[/ATTACH]
                        Anymore pics of the draw up configuration.

Comment

I don't man. Basically you release the winch and the rack falls forward to lay flat on the ground. Slide your animal onto the "round bar" that's shaped like a U, then winch in. Rack just raises back up and the animal slides onto the expanded metal portion. If you look closely at the above pic, you can see where the winch is attached to the rack. There is a heavy duty eye bolt welded to the rack frame that the winch hook connects to. Easy to disconnect and use the winch as normal if necessary.
                          Last edited by bows08; 12-05-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post

This is my carry all I use on the back of the Ranger. I also like the winch, but this is one less wiring problem or plugs to buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are a no go in the back at our dry dusty lease. A few miles riding on the back of a hitch hauler means a deer heavily covered in dusty and grit. The wet areas like eyes, ears, mouth , entry and exit are even worse. Makes for a bad LDP shot and cleaning PITA. If we use HHs they have to be in the front of the vehicle....

Comment

I don't man. Basically you release the winch and the rack falls forward to lay flat on the ground. Slide your animal onto the "round bar" that's shaped like a U, then winch in. Rack just raises back up and the animal slides onto the expanded metal portion. If you look closely at the above pic, you can see where the winch is attached to the rack. There is a heavy duty eye bolt welded to the rack frame that the winch hook connects to. Easy to disconnect and use the winch as normal if necessary.
                              Ok. Figured it was something like that. Pretty crafty idea.

Comment

[ATTACH]886525[/ATTACH]
                                I'd like to see more on this too. It has definitely given me food for thought

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X