No announcement yet.

How did you find your lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to a 'good' lease, it's not what you know...it's who you know.

Comment

Friends who were already on a lease or friends with the landowner.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Walked up and said "hey old man your place is my hunting ground" been here since and dad hasn't said a word
        Awesome

Comment

Most every lease site that I have signed up for mostly have old listing, and when I have tried to call or email on a property, I have never once heard back from land owner

I have found mine over the years on TBH, Craigslist, and was referred

Comment

Craigslist every once in a while you can find a good one. The guys add was up for 15 minutes and he already had 30 calls we drove right out there and looked at it. The whole time his cell was ringing. He said he had guys coming the next morning so we didn't have much time to think about it. we went ahead and payed the first half.
            Last edited by Hookem84; 12-28-2015, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Tbh

Comment

I've always hunted with friends and family, but now I'm a package deal with two boys!!!

Comment

Got lucky on leasehunter

Comment

I just started a group on Facebook for this. It's called Texas Annual Hunting Leases.
                    I'm not allowing day leases or any "in search of" posts. That way it will be easy to see what's been posted.
                    In order for it to work we need as many members as possible.
                    If you are on a place with openings you can post or if you have property you can post.
                    Like I said, just started and don't have any listings yet but am hopeful that in the next couple weeks as season ends folks will start posting.
                    Already have 550 members.

Might amount to nothing but it's free so I'm giving it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                      I just started a group on Facebook for this. It's called Texas Annual Hunting Leases.
                      I'm not allowing day leases or any "in search of" posts. That way it will be easy to see what's been posted.
                      If you are on a place with openings you can post or if you have property you can post.
                      Like I said, just started and don't have any listings yet but am hopeful that in the next couple weeks as season ends folks will start posting.

Sent request to join.

Comment

I'm trying to hold out and find a good one here on TBH.. I've got a few hits so far and haven't even posted I'm looking yet

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post

Sent request

Comment

Originally posted by 2good2Btru View Post
                            Got lucky on leasehunter
                            I'm looking for next year for my dad and I. Thought I found a good one on there and when I called the guy said its been leased since he listed it in July and keeps asking them to take it down.

Hoping after the season more will pop up

Comment

Newspaper ad about 18+ years ago. Still on the place.

Comment

Found 1 thru family - not on it anymore
                                Found 1 thru CL - family messed that up for everybody... Miss that lease.
                                Found my current 1 thru family - not happy with it....

Comment

Working...
                                X