Dog bit by rattle snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog bit by rattle snake

I got a 8 month old Dogo Argentino. Last night in our back yard he was bitten by a rattle snake. He's about 75lbs or so right now. He's at the vet, and costing about $950 right now. What do you thin this chances of living are?

Very good

Comment

It got him in the lip

Comment

Yup I'm thinking he'll make it

Comment

He will be fine. Most bites on the head are defensive bites. Meaning they don't inject as much venom as when trying to kill a prey. Almost all bites to the head are defensive and cause alot of pain and swelling but are rarely lethal.

Comment

rattlesnake in the backyard? where are you moving to?

Comment

he'll make it. i've seen dogs bit on the nose and never went to vet and made it. gonna be swollen for a few days.

Comment

I would bet the lip will be fine it will probably swell up big. My dog got hit twice above the eye by a rattler when he was 6 months old. vet kept him for 2-3 days but he turned out fine. The vet also told me that bites to the head are usually non fatal because there is lots of room to swell but that bites to the chest or abdomen have more of a chance of being fatal.

Comment

never had one bit, thank the Lord, but betting he'll be fine.

Comment

Had a Doberman bit by a man of a cottonmouth and he was fine. Just looked like he had 2 tennis balls in his jaws for a while.

Comment

Got get him........he will be fine! Dogs are super resilient. My 2.5 year old beagle has been hit 3 times.

Comment

He will be fine
                        Ike others have said, but will say it again. Some Benadryl to help them through it.

The good news is for now on he will know that smell out a snake and let you know when they are around, they wise up real quick.

Comment

Woulda been fine without the vet

Comment

Dog will be okay, just will feel bad for a few days.

Comment

Hope he's ok and remembers this!

Comment

Working...
                              X