No announcement yet.

Tacoma owners.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have given more info. This will be my runaround truck, work, lease, most of my driving. I will have it for 6 years, then give it to my son(that’s why I’m getting a small truck). The roads at the lease are pretty narrow and some pretty rocky so it’ll be good to use this one instead of the goat, and it’s quiet. Like I said, I have a Cummins for any heavy duty stuff, and the wife has a Tahoe for haulin the fam.....this thing just makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 17 TRD Sport 2 wheel drive long bed. I have had diesel trucks for years and went to this. I really like the truck and I get 22 to 23 mpgs on the hwy running 80. I have towed WAY more that its rated for and have had no issues.

Comment

I have a 2018 Tacoma Pro I bought to replace my Polaris ranger.
        I could not be happier with it.
        I have a RAM 2500 I use to pull with so the Tacoma is just for the woods.

I can't decide if it is a Ranger with heat and air or a jeep with a truck bed
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by joebriles View Post
          i have a 2017 trd off road and love it. The last one i had was an 88 and regretted selling it for the longest time.

Pros - it is much easier to drive down 4wheeler trails at the lease and has a much better turning radius. The inside seems is bigger than my older 88. Its a taco, so it will run forever. A 4x4 tacoma hold its resale better than any other vehicle on the road, even a jeep. It's lighter than a full size truck so it will have less of a chance to get stuck/sink down on you.

Cons - the bed is not really a bed (mine is a short bed) and doesn't hold too much. As stated above the gas mileage is not very good. After a lifted it and 33's i get around 14/15mpg (that's doing around 75-80 on the freeway). I went from a 2011 f-250 diesel so yes, its smaller.
          do you have a lift on this, body lift, or just bigger tires? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

same question, lift on here? thanks

Comment

I am driving an 09' Tacoma I bought new. (SR5 4x4) The only thing I have done to customize is BFG AT 265s - the biggest tire you can run without a lift. It has been my daily driver and lease vehicle and has done everything I have asked of it with no problems. The only downside IMO is the small bed but that is not a big deal for me. On the rare occasion when I need to haul more I hook up to a small trailer. I don't tow anything big like a boat or travel trailer so I can't speak to that.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                same question, lift on here? thanks
                Dealer installed a lift kit and bigger tires.
                They do rub if I get everything twisted up

Comment

I still own an 06 Tacoma TRD Off-road and I still love it. I now have over 300,000 miles and have never laid a wrench on the motor or transmission other than normal wear items and maintenance.
                  Everything said above is true, the so-so gas mileage, rougher ride, price, ECT. If you want a truck that is easy to park, light enough to not get stuck where a full sized truck would, and tough as nails, then the Taco is the way to go. The resale value is unreal as well.
                  My son asked me what vehicle I would buy if I won the lottery. The only thing that came to mind was a brand new Tacoma.

It is also made in Texas by Texans. Ya gotta love that.

Comment

Fuel mileage sucks. And you have to learn to do the taco wave

Comment

Mine is rated to pull 6000 # and I have used it to pull my 22' bass boat but it is not something I would buy to pull trailers every day
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	boatt.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	24554317

Comment

Dealer installed a lift kit and bigger tires.
                        They do rub if I get everything twisted up

nice

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have given more info. This will be my runaround truck, work, lease, most of my driving. I will have it for 6 years, then give it to my son(that’s why I’m getting a small truck). The roads at the lease are pretty narrow and some pretty rocky so it’ll be good to use this one instead of the goat, and it’s quiet. Like I said, I have a Cummins for any heavy duty stuff, and the wife has a Tahoe for haulin the fam.....this thing just makes sense.

Tacoma is the perfect truck for you imo based on this. I love mine and perfect truck for runaround and trail truck on lease.

Comment

🤤🤤🤤

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

Cement! Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X