Dream to Reality: The One Sixty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream to Reality: The One Sixty

Last week I finally closed on my new hunting adventure. First I want to thank God for giving me this incredible opportunity to be to be able to enjoy this with my family and friends. I've hunted all kinds of leases and different states. Some very good experiences but mostly very disappointing. Last season I had enough! After reading and following Darton over the years I serious started thinking to myself why can't I do what he is doing? I be honest at first I thought it was just a dream but I prayed about it and talked to my wife. Then I reached out to Darton and off we went. Darton, is as good as they come!! Without him this would have never happened.

Moving on to the property, the property is located in Haskell county, Oklahoma it is 160 acres mostly consisting of solid timber with oak and hickory timber. The property has two ponds on it. Pretty much all fenced and the best part is that it has a house!

Really have no history with property so first thing I wanted to do is start a heavy feeding program on the property. So Wednesday we took off with 3 corn feeders and 2 protein feeders. The property has pretty much been left alone for several years. My buddy took the feeders on one trailer and I took the bull dozer on the other trailer. Plan was to get all the feeders going and make our own hunting spots (clear out areas) with the dozer.

I just wanted to start this thread to take you from the start of this adventure and you can follow me along. I love taking before and after pics of what is going on. First I have to figure out how to post a pic...lol One last thing and I share some pics. If you have an idea in your head don't limit yourself, if there is a will there is away!

Waydago! and Congrats

Comment

That’s awesome Mike! You won’t regret it a bit! I love my little piece of heaven here in Sonora!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations. It truly is a blessing to be able to own your own hunting place!

Comment

Congratulations on finding that perfect place. You can do a lot on 160 acres with cover. Looking forward to seeing what all you do to the place. Really looking forward to seeing the quality of deer you have in that part of the country.

Comment

Hoping this works with the picture uploading...
            Attached Files

Comment

After several hours I think I have figured out how to load a picture. Here is a few pictures
              This is a before picture of a spot I cleaned out with the dozer.

Comment

I - AM - JEALOUS!

But, congrats and hope you make many memories on the place---

Comment

Looks like a might have figured out posting pictures...lol
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! Fabulous feeling to have your own place!

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!!!!

Congrats on the new purchase. Looks like a great place with huge potential.

Comment

Looks nice. Congrats

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats. I'm in to see the progress

Comment

Working...
                              X