Granite install cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granite install cost

I’m in the process of having a home built and wanting to get an idea of what a ballpark figure for granite install. I’m getting the granite slab at $16 a square foot. I’m located near RGV in South Texas

Originally posted by southtx View Post
    I’m in the process of having a home built and wanting to get an idea of what a ballpark figure for granite install. I’m getting the granite slab at $16 a square foot. I’m located near RGV in South Texas
    We put it in our investment properties pretty frequently and a lower end granite installed runs us $40-45/ft. I have no clue on the breakdown on the granite vs labor costs.

Comment

I have used 1-1.5x the granite cost as rule of thumb for install. So if you're paying $16 for granite, use another $16-24 as a rough estimate for the install. Should get you close.

Comment

Whos quoting you for the actual slab? Here in DFW, the slab yards will not give you a price. They only give pricing to the fabricator. The fabricator should be the installer as well.

Comment

The installer sent me to his fabricator

Comment

It seemed as though there was a granite shop around every street corner out in the vallley area

Comment

Fabricator and installer should be the same southtx. One of my hunting buddy's is the best granite guy here in the valley.

Comment

Getting an answer what the installation price for granite can often be misleading. Some fabricators will tell you they'll do it for $25 sq/ft but later you find out they charge extra for several things that other fabricators don't. Also, installing 2cm will cost less than 3cm. Rough ball park figure for basic fabrication & installation (not including material) should be around $30 sq/ft in your area. I've been slinging rocks for 18 years.
                Last edited by techzan; 03-07-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Lots of good info guys. Thanks

Comment

I got my granite installed for around $30 sq.ft. including sinks for kitchen and bathroom, it was one of the investor granites but turned out beautiful. guys did a nice job on the installation.

Comment

my installation which was very recent was $30 sq. ft

Comment

West of Houston I just paid $25 per foot. My granite guy is as good as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                          West of Houston I just paid $25 per foot. My granite guy is as good as they come.
                          Could you PM his info. Looking at doing my kitchen fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                            Just shot you a PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X