No announcement yet.

2018 Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah me!!!!!! I just keep racking up those loyalty points. See what being loyal gets you. Not a darn thing.....well here is to having 14 loyalty points. Maybe I can rack up enough points in the next 10 years and finally get drawn before I keel over dead.

Comment

GDE at Matador WMA, nov 12-16. Should be a fun hunt!!

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
        My son drew the youth mule deer hunt at Yoakum Dunes. It will be a guided hunt. He will be allowed one management buck and one doe on the hunt.

Only one permit was issued for the youth on that particular hunt. I'm pretty excited he won it. He's beyond excited!!!

Congrats. Hope to see a live thread on this one if ya have signal at all there. For sure let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
          Congrats. Hope to see a live thread on this one if ya have signal at all there. For sure let us know how it goes.
          I definitely plan on it. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Son and I drew balcones canyonlands in Nov. Daughter drew Martin Dies st Park youth bow antlerless. Her first question was "can I have the skull?". Come on waterfowl draws on the first.

The last time I drew was in the 90s. I drew an exotic tag for dinosaur valley. I've walked every inch of that park several times over. There are no exotics there. I called the park to see what the deal was. I was told there were no exotics and they really didn't want me out there. Really turned me off to the drawn hunts. It was 23 years later before I entered the draw again, except for the big time hunts. I'm hoping the attitudes have changed since most parks are used to it now.
            Last edited by jnd1959; 09-20-2018, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I didn't see it mentioned but might have missed it, but this year, they did change the rules. You could only apply for a max of three hunts per category. If you put in more applications, it deleted them all. At least that is what I understood from an email I received.

Son got drawn up at Gene Howe.
              Last edited by wellingtontx; 09-21-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                I didn't see it mentioned but might have missed it, but this year, they did change the rules. You could only apply for a max of three hunts per category. If you put in more applications, it deleted them all. At least that is what I understood from an email I received.

That was a new rule this year for the youth categories.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post

I don't think it deleted them. It wouldn't let you sign up for more than three

Comment

So I’m pending 2nd draw on all 10 of the hunts that I applied for which drew today. So close, yet so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pending 2nd on the remaining 3 hunts we put in for, which will most likely put my group at 1 for 11 this year. Ready to head to the Chap for stink pigs! Guess I'll start a live thread when it's time, thought some more TBHers would have been drawn for it.

Comment

0-7 for this year!!!! Sweet!! I've kept my streak alive!!!!!

Comment

0 for 11 this year.

Comment

Just got back from my private lands hunt with a doe down to find out I was drawn for Richland Creek WMA waterfowl. Got drawn for the last weekend of the season but should hopefully still be interesting. I got drawn for 2 hunts and some NF doe permits but I did enter a ton of the drawings. It is just a numbers game. The more you play the higher chance of getting drawn.

Comment

Anyone know how long they wait to announce the Big Time Texas Hunt winners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1 of 15 this year. Two pending 2nd draw. I didn’t participate in the Big Time hunts.

Comment

Working...
                                X