Hydro-dipped Gun Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro-dipped Gun Stock

Who here has done it or has one that had Bren dipped and how is it holding up?? Wanting to build another gun and cerakote the barrel and scope to match but I also want to do something with the stock... any feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience Cerakote is going to be a lot more durable and long lasting, I've noticed on several duck guns that are hydro dipped that there are wear patterns where the hydro dip has worn off even after a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
      In my experience Cerakote is going to be a lot more durable and long lasting, I've noticed on several duck guns that are hydro dipped that there are wear patterns where the hydro dip has worn off even after a short period of time.

I assume you’d have to dry spray the cerakote on a gun stock since you can’t put it in the oven?

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
        I assume you’d have to dry spray the cerakote on a gun stock since you can’t put it in the oven?

You know I'm not sure on that, I do have a stock that was cerakoted and I see it quite often. I know they can put polymer handguns in so I don't see why a stock couldn't be done. Give Black Sheep Arms a call, they're out of Austin and do fantastic work.

Comment

Whoever dips it, make sure they use several coats of hi gloss clear coat and then finish with 2 coats of matte to dull the shine. It will last WAY longer.

I did hydro dipping.

I used to own. http://www.texashg.com/

Greg owns them now (TBHer and a buddy of mine)

Comment

Not a gun but I had a take-down recurve bow dipped once and it held up pretty well.

Comment

Buck fan 50 in magnolia did 2 for me. Holding up great. Did a nice job on em. Will see if I can find my pics and send em to ya.

Comment

Working...
              X