No announcement yet.

Trump threatens the free press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny the leftists cheered when Barry made recess appointments when Congress was not in recess. That is an impeachable offense. Trump simply opens his hole and they clamber to uphold the Constitution; at least, part of it. Inconsistency is the fabric of their being. They have absolutely no morals and are worth less than cockroaches to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      Inconsistency is the fabric of their being. They have absolutely no morals and are worth less than cockroaches to me.
      In my opinion that's one of the major things that separates the left and the right.....they have no morals or principles. I will however disagree with the cockroach comment.

Comment

Man this was such a civil political discussion for so long! Kinda refreshing and only a few over the top comments. Trump is right they are biased news outlets but the risk of not having a free press far outweighs any cons. It will be interesting to see how far it evolves with technology. Most don't have the attention span to absorb any depth of information to make rational conclusions. Now Russia is buying ads on Facebook and Twitter trying to influence us and I'm sure it is working to some degree.

I try to get my news from sources that are NOT sensationalizing everything. #1 muse in the news for any dfw ticket fans #2 vice news #3 npr. Of course I know they are inherently biased but I never place too much stock in any of it.

Comment

I have no problem shutting down fake news propaganda machines. News should only be the whole truth and nothing but the truth and totally unbiased.
          I also have no problem putting people in jail or sued for slander for deliberately reporting fake news (lies) that is meant to hurt America and people they don't like or disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            I have no problem shutting down fake news propaganda machines. News should only be the whole truth and nothing but the truth and totally unbiased.
            I also have no problem putting people in jail or sued for slander for deliberately reporting fake news (lies) that is meant to hurt America and people they don't like or disagree with.
            I agree with hitting them with lawsuits over slander to keep them in check. That goes for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              That goes for both sides.
              Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Trump threatens free press....cnn couldnt have wrote that headline better. NBC is not the free press, it does the heavy lifting for the left and has for 30 years.

Comment

It IS damaging and it IS annoying as hell but what y'all are saying is essentially censorship of certain brands of speech. As reprehensible as the media is, just remember, there will come a time when "your guy" isn't in office. The pendulum will swing back. The First Amendment is equally as important as the Second.

If people were properly educated, this would be a non-issue. The leftists have assumed control of our educational system and purposefully run it straight into the ground so future generations can't recognize BS when they see/hear it. The ship is taking on water folks.

Comment

There is a vast difference between free press and propaganda. When you have multi media groups continuously lying to slant a story for political reasons, that's not free press. And it happens daily. Editors fired for allowing lies to be published as news, media employees fixing political debates, constant political bias promoted by entire networks...that's not free press.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                      not to mention the most watched news agency being controlled by the repubs. (fox news)

it seems common to leave fox out of the tag "mainstream media" but they are the biggest one in the msm. and, they owe trump big time. hes basically convinced(or reinforced) his entire following that no other news network can be trusted and fox ratings have never been better.

couldnt agree more with you though. its getting very hard to find a national news network that even attempts to be objective and unbiased. and this will end up being very divisive and dangerous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                      The far left media controlling the narrative created the market for Fox News.

Ie - 20 years ago the MSM essentially created a vacuum that brought on the rise of Fox.
                      Last edited by Tbar; 10-16-2017, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X