TXDOT? LED Billboard of Death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TXDOT? LED Billboard of Death?

1,139 deaths on Texas Highways already??? That's approximately 230 per month!!! This is a BIG state but is this high or just normal and I have never noticed? Outside of the horrible accident with the elderly folks on the church bus and a few others with teenagers this seems downright horrible.
    Does this seem awfully high in less than 6 months to you guys that are in the know???
    Wow, really makes me concerned for my family as they drive around doing girl stuff.
    Are these "majority" in cities, rural areas? What part of the state has the most fatalities?
    God please help these families to heal from such sorrow and pain.

I saw that and had similar thoughts when I drove through SA Friday morning. Seems awfully high.

Comment

I remember two years ago when I drove home, it was like 2300 killed in TX. When I got to WI, it was like 300, maybe less. Once you factored the population size, they were pretty similar.

I remember most of the states between here and there were relatively close to the same too, but WI is the only one I remotely remember.

Comment

That is a little below average.

Comment

Honestly I don't doubt it a bit.We were diverted the other night on the way home from DFW because of a 2 fatality accident,and a week before because a guy died in a wreck on hwy 287.Seems like every morning they're talking about a highway being shut down for a fatality investigation..Terrible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

We must do something! Even if it only saves one child, it is worth it. No one needs a high capacity fuel tank when we have gas stations around every corner. And surely no one needs a 300 hp assault engine. It's for the children, just think of the children!

You will never hear anyone say that because the libtards have a use for cars. I bring this argument up with any libtard that talks about gun bans. It shuts them up every time!

Comment

And it's gone....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

That is way too many. It's sad if that really is below average.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                  That is way too many. It's sad if that really is below average.
                  It is too many. People are distracted when they drive and until that changes, deaths will continue. I've had 5 close calls that would have turned into a major wreck in the last 2 months. In each case, people were not paying attention to their surroundings.

Comment

28 million people in Texas.
                    We have 675k+ miles of road, that's over 300k more than the next state.
                    We have some of the fastest highways on earth
                    I agree that we should try to prevent as many as possible. I wish there were data the shows how many of those involved alcohol. Overall however, I feel like .004 of the population dying in car wrecks, seems like a pretty realistic number. I think cracking down on DWI repeat offenders could easily cut this number in half. Plus, id like to see drivers ed back in school. I don't believe adding additional laws will help with anything, maybe enforcement of laws to the fullest extent might though.

Comment

Not to long ago, I was on I-20 headed to Ft Worth. I looked at the car that was passing me on my right side and noticed he was driving with his knees and READING A BOOK!!!! I honked my horn and spoke to him with my hands telling him to pay attention and look forward.... That was ridiculous!... A book....WOW...

Comment

My agency had something like 4 fatal accidents in 1 days a couple weeks ago.

I would not be that far off to guess we had one a week. Easily one every 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
                          Not to long ago, I was on I-20 headed to Ft Worth. I looked at the car that was passing me on my right side and noticed he was driving with his knees and READING A BOOK!!!! I honked my horn and spoke to him with my hands telling him to pay attention and look forward.... That was ridiculous!... A book....WOW...

My question is why did he have to pass you on the right?

-john

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                            28 million people in Texas.
                            We have 675k+ miles of road, that's over 300k more than the next state.
                            We have some of the fastest highways on earth
                            I agree that we should try to prevent as many as possible. I wish there were data the shows how many of those involved alcohol. Overall however, I feel like .004 of the population dying in car wrecks, seems like a pretty realistic number. I think cracking down on DWI repeat offenders could easily cut this number in half. Plus, id like to see drivers ed back in school. I don't believe adding additional laws will help with anything, maybe enforcement of laws to the fullest extent might though.
                            While I agree that DWI's are a major problem and that there should be stiffer penalties for repeats, I feel the distracted drivers are getting to be just as big of a threat. The biggest distraction while driving used to be the radio or eating. Now I see people reading, working on their computer, playing on their phones, putting on make up......you name it.

Comment

Average is 3500 per year, 1200 is on track. Driver inattention seems to be growing as the phone industry grows in leaps and bounds. Seems like we all deal daily with a texter who can't use cruise control and text, every time they focus on their phone their speed is reduced by 5-15 mph and their steering goes away. Most alarming is an industry that probably has the technology to prevent driver texting and won't do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X