New to the Day Lease thing. Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Day Lease thing. Help.

I have never done a day hunt ever. I have no lease this year. How does one go about finding the right day lease. For putting certain meat in the freezer? For good bucks? Hogs?

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I have never done a day hunt ever. I have no lease this year. How does one go about finding the right day lease. For putting certain meat in the freezer? For good bucks? Hogs?
    Start a thread like this or rate the day lease.
    What part of the state you looking to hunt? Whats your budget? Opposed to HF?

Comment

All I know is that I have never had a lot of luck at day leases. They were either over hunted or just no deer.
      The only ones with plenty of game have either been a place like Diamond C or Big Oak Bowhunting. They have really nice places to stay and more animals than you can shake a stick at. Something like this would be my recommendation.
      Last edited by Ron; 09-24-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
        All I know is that I have never had a lot of luck at day leases. They were either over hunted or just no deer.
        The only ones with plenty of game have either been a place like Diamond C or Big Oak Bowhunting. They have really nice places to stay and more animals than you can shake a stick at. Something like this would be recommendation.
        Yep and now Diamond C has bucks ranging from 130-160

Comment

Just now starting to really think about it. I am hoping to get a bruiser up in Missouri so lots of targets would be cool at a day lease.

Comment

Where in Mo are you hunting?
            I hunt Ozark and Oregon counties every couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
              The only ones with plenty of game have either been a place like Diamond C or Big Oak Bowhunting. They have really nice places to stay and more animals than you can shake a stick at. Something like this would be my recommendation.
              Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Yep and now Diamond C has bucks ranging from 130-160
              Gotta agree with Ron and Dale. The "C" or Big Oak would be at the top of the list for me too

Comment

I will check them out.

Phelps County, Mo. near Rolla.

Comment

Holly jesus christo that's expensive.

I could go to Mexico for less than that. LOL.

The main reason I am not on a lease is because I decided to take a year off from the 5000.00 stuff when Uncle Sam came calling this year. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Holly jesus christo that's expensive.

I could go to Mexico for less than that. LOL.

The main reason I am not on a lease is because I decided to take a year off from the 5000.00 stuff when Uncle Sam came calling this year. LOL.
                    Drill a good one in Missouri and then do some doe hunts.
                    Lot less expensive

Comment

wow that is a lot for not much time!!

Comment

Originally posted by travelinghunter View Post
                        wow that is a lot for not much time!!
                        Those two places are actually some of the less expensive places considering what they have.

Comment

I guess they could be good for exotics. I guess I just firgured day hunting was the less expensive way to go. Heck I could have got on a few leases for 1500.00. If I just wanted to shoot deer. LOL.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

We have some nice bucks and hogs out at First Point Bowhunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X