Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12M for Breanna Taylor’s fam!?

WTH am I missing here?

Am I missing something, or an update, perhaps, to the story? Last I heard, she’s a known member of a drug running operation who was standing near her boyfriend who fired at police. Return fire killed her.

Anyone??

“I’m a little shocked it’s so early in the process that the mayor’s office decided to settle it,” Louisville Metro Council President David James said. “There’s not even been any depositions given.”

What does the settlement look like, does the family just get a check from the city? Who is it made out too?

Comment

Insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        “I’m a little shocked it’s so early in the process that the mayor’s office decided to settle it,” Louisville Metro Council President David James said. “There’s not even been any depositions given.”

What does the settlement look like, does the family just get a check from the city? Who is it made out too?
        Incredibly fast settlement. Just More capitulation to the mob!

Comment

What costs less money...... a settlement or your city on fire when the cops are found not guilty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Comanchehunter View Post
            What costs less money...... a settlement or your city on fire when the cops are found not guilty?

That depends on how many times they let them burn the city down.

Comment

If the woman was white how much money would the family get......

This was all about trying to keep the peace......

It was an accident, but dont pretend that Brianna was a saint just caught up in the crossfire

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Who is it made out too?
                Its a check written to "the estate" of BT. So its going to whoever the estate manager is for BT.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                  Incredibly fast settlement. Just More capitulation to the mob!
                  Riots would cost a lot more in the long run. Of course the perps were doing nothing wrong......

Edit: No inheritance tax on an insurance payment or law suit.
                  Last edited by Thumper; 09-16-2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Crime.......does pay

Comment

It won’t prevent riots. If the Officers are no billed this means nothing

Comment

12M for Breanna Taylor’s fam!?

I was on a mock trial involving death while in custody a couple of years ago. The attorney for the deceased family made a long speech about how the victims of these types of incidents are worth 6 million dollars.

It was a convincing argument for a few of the jurors. The county misplaced or had equipment failures with a lot of the key evidence.

Comment

You cannot have an “accident” that takes a human life, and think that you will not pay millions. Fairly simple.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            You cannot have an “accident” that takes a human life, and think that you will not pay millions. Fairly simple.
                            No knock warrant gone bad again

Comment

I can't get a bead on this case. Not even the "independent fact checkers" can agree on anything, at least when it comes to the individuals involved.

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              It won’t prevent riots. If the Officers are no billed this means nothing
                              I agree. Probably should've waited until the officers were let off to announce this. Probably wouldn't change the reaction but you never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X